How to disconnect Reliance Jio Fiber connection and get a refund?

ISP
Reliance Jio Gigafiber
Hey Forum,

I did not find a thread related to JioFiber refunds and looking at the plans they unveiled, I'm sure there will be many people looking for refund related Q&A soon. So, I'm creating one now to share my experience.

I have raised a request for deactivation of my JioFiber account sometime in first week of November. After couple of days, account was deactivated and ONT was collected after another two days.

I started recording a while technicians are disconnecting the router and take everything required off the wall as a proof that router is indeed been collected in working condition. These technicians also took my bank details on a piece of paper and told me that I will get a OTP for confirming bank details and that I have to tell them that OTP.

The OTP message has My bank acct number and IFSC code along with OTP. I called the technician back and told him the OTP.

Now the wait begins, meanwhile I kept calling CC-Number, pinging JioCare on Twitter regarding the refund. After 2 days of collecting ONT, I received an email from JioPay asking me to enter my bank details (again!!) to process the e-refund. And the email said, I will get refund only if the details are submitted from this link. The link requires one to upload a copy of bank account's cancelled cheque. I used different account this time and submitted details as I don't have chequebook for account that I gave to technicians.

Exactly after 15 days, Today, I received an email and a message that my refund is processed via NEFT and my account (that was given in e-refund link) will be credited in 72hours. After few more hours, my refund is credited successfully. (Yayyy!!)

During those 15 days, I was searching for "Jio Fiber Refund" topic in Twitter and the tweets made me worry more as almost all of them are complaints that they haven't received their refund -- Some even disconnected and returned their ONT 6 months back.

Overall, My experience with them has been good, I did not face any issues while getting connection nor with connection. I had 3 or 4 downtimes between 5 mins to 2 hours in the whole 6 months. And, Refund experience is also good. Although I would say, their CC is worst -- When asked about refund, Phone CC said I will get it in 15 days but JioCare Twitter said it'll take 60 days (uff!!). But, as I said, Experience has been good.

they simply said processed and credit in 20 working days.
which refund process takes 20 working days. After credited from their side. 🤣

I have to wait 20 days from that date and then complaint again.
To close the complaint they simply used that word.

Upvote 0
Got full refund. good.
which connection are you using now?

Corporate postpaid connection is shit.
They didn't refund my 4500 till now.

Upvote 0
Same, JioFiber. I took another connection in order to get my 4500 refund. Paid 1500 for the new one along with a free one month trial. Now I don't have to worry about refunds as the deposit is only 500.

Upvote 0
Got my refund today after 5 days of disconnection. Jio seems to have streamlined the refund process now.

Upvote 0
I'm planning to get a Jio Fiber connection(150 Mbps, 2500₹ setup fee). My query is, if I surrender the connection in the first month(Trial), will I get my entire 2.5k ₹ back? And again, if I surrender the connection say 2-3 months later, will I still get the complete fee which I paid initially ?

Upvote 0
If you decide to surrender within the trial period which is the first month then you will be getting 2.5 k back but if you surrender after that then 1k will be detucted towards installation and you will get 1.5k back

Upvote 1
My journey with JIO refund started few days back.
Raised a request on email 9 days back and after re-scheduling of appointments thrice by JIO on the pretext of not able to reach me, they finally collected the equipment.
The shadiest thing is, at all times they will say "applicable amount will be refunded" and no where commit the amount.

Now when I check their website JIO , it says "Refund not applicable". So have raised a complaint on PGPortal. Let's see how it goes.

I should be getting Rs4500 as refund, thankfully I do have the invoice they had issued at the time of collecting the SD.

Upvote 0