How to disconnect BSNL broadband!

ISP
Beam Fiber
We had BSNL connection at our old home for exact one month....And we shifted our home...and i got beam..Recently i went to my old home for some work and the watchman there gave me BSNL Bill ( Rs 5000) .for broadband since last 3-4 months which we didnt use...I asked my dad..he said i called customer care and they said they'll send someone to recover modem..(I still have the modem to us) My dad itseems gave our old watchmen our new address so that those ppl can come to our new home and collect the modem..till now nobody has arrived...My dad said he'll not pay the bill ..le them send how many bills they want! SO Am a li'll uneasy here....will there any future problems? :sidefrown:

Once you pay the charge of Rs 1750 for the modem, you own it. You do not need to return it..

Once you pay the charge of Rs 1750 for the modem, you own it. You do not need to return it..
i dont think we paid for modem.. rented it i guess.

i just waned to know whether they'll send a court notice to us like tata photon plus did :c

In your case did you gave a Account/connection closure application to BSNL office before leaving the old house,how do you expect them to make a wild guess that you have moved out ?to be on better side, go to Accounts officer, ask politely for him to look into matter and then offer you some discount or a settlement amount.Legally you are bound to pay the dues till date you applied for cancellation.please don't take it personally as I am another un-happy BSNL user, just wanted to clear your mis-understanding,Today after so many years i got fed up and wrote a cancellation request and closed my broadband plan.Reason, its down for entire locality for Down for atleast 10 days a monthEvery weekend you don't get connectivity, gets restored monday afternoon100 times disconnection due to exchange problem and not a line problemwaste of your energy in struggling to download anything on 512kbps line which fails to fetch downloads from filesonic etc.So I am done with BSNL as my entire city is dugged up for sewer line and BSNL blames them that their OFC has been damaged in digging but this is now beyond acceptable level.no one is efficient to fix it on priority, seems U.P.(east) based allahabad is most pathetic Dataone Broadband city in our country.