How to disable SSID-2 www.excitel.com on Excitel Fiber Routers?

• Thread starter Thread starter PremK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 47,028
ISP
Airtel
Hi,

I just got Excitel Fiber. But I was surprised to see a 3rd SSID www.excitel.com being shown. I cannot see any option how to disable it. Does any one aware of the same.

Thanks

Excitel gave me richerlink RL821GWV-D this router/onu. These people have locked the router and not even giving the option to disable that SSID 2. The Interface of this router is different from the one on the videos. Interestingly excitel has even blocked the manufacturer website richerlink.com.

Upvote 0
Why are you guys not taking dumb devices?

Why GIF by Big Brother

Upvote 0
I have just recently moved in here. I will be making the ONU only for ethernet only(so much for paying 2k) and connect an AX router with it. Wiring is going on in my house so depending on the one provided by excitel.

Upvote 0
CoZ dumb devices or non wifi onus are not available easily due to this india china thing. One has to wait for a long time. I waited for more than 2 months. Rest it depends from location to location at least in delhi dumb onus are very difficult to find.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
all kinds of ONTs ultimately come from China whether dumb or with wifi
i agree but somehow wifi onus are more in stock compared to non wifi onus. I am telling u what i faced on ground. I enquired many lcos of my area, all have wifi onus readily available but not non wifi ones. As per ur profile u are not even excitel user.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes other onus may not work. Coz onu has to be whitelisted in ont and excitel wont whitelist any other company onu. They even flash their own software in wifi as well as non wifi onus, so that user cant change any thing. As per excitel engineer there are olts which are unlocked and support any company's onu but most of new olts which excitel is installing are locked and don't support non excitel onus.

Upvote 0
Exactly, that's the issue with Excitel.
But if u could get no wifi one somehow from Excitel or single band either. Then use your own router and problem solved.
That way Excitel hidden SSID won't be available.

Upvote 0
No man... He has an old router which was being provided by Excitel. He has a router of RicherLink I guess and now they are providing routers of GX Group. In these new routers, the firmware is locked. You can only change a few settings but everything else is locked like disabling this second SSID. I will not have any problem if I get the password of this 'www.excitel.com' ssid's password. I would disable then my original 2.4 SSID and use www.excitel.com only. But the issue is no one knows its password too. One more thing I wanted to ask is, are you guys getting difficulties with its 2.4ghz bandwidth as, on my router, only one device is able to get internet connection from 2.4ghz bandwidth. If I am connecting more than one, then the other device gets connected to the Wifi but it cannot use the internet. I've tried it in all ways and it can be any device, whichever connects first, gets the internet, others don't.
I wanted to use my own router but there is now no option to opt for an ONU. I know that their plans are cheap but this is just the wrong way for cutting costs with cheap routers. Now I have connected my old TP-Link Archer C6 as a wired repeater and closed Excitel router's SSIDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0