How to disable SSID-2 www.excitel.com on Excitel Fiber Routers?

• Thread starter Thread starter PremK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 46,951
ISP
Airtel
Hi,

I just got Excitel Fiber. But I was surprised to see a 3rd SSID www.excitel.com being shown. I cannot see any option how to disable it. Does any one aware of the same.

Thanks

Great. Another company that's shipping locked firmware on their routers?

Upvote 0
Yeah. I doubt anyone can login into this and cant disable it either.
All wifi ont from excitel got this. Whatever brand.

Upvote 0
Is it like a public open SSID? Like no password connect leading to a free trial sign up and use page?

Or is it like a dummy SSID just to broadcast excitel name and can't be connected to or doesn't provide any internet?

What happens in bridge mode? Does it still broadcast that?

Upvote 0
could have designed for excitel service guys so that consumer do not need to share their primary wireless password to them?

airtel at one point of time had a similar public ssid. someone posted about it on the forum. it seemed like a major issue because it was not very security coded.

Upvote 0
i mean it would be great if excitel is going to use this to delivery public hotspots. something that jio was rumored to be considering doing with their wired customer base. though i guess it does not really work out well in reality because consumer routers are not powerful enough to provide consistent connectivity even around houses with excitel connections.

Upvote 0
I mean if it's just disabled you need even need to go into the config file. Just inspect element that field and remove the disabled HTML tag, edit whatever you need, and hit save, it should do the trick.

Upvote 1