How to disable firewall ?

• Thread starter Thread starter vedarthk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 11,898

vedarthk

ISP
bsnl
i hv UT200R2U ADSL router in Always on PPPoE mode.It has its firewall enabled because of which torrent client is not able to connect its peers, it says blocked by the firewall even when i disable my windows and quickheal firewall.Can anyone tell me how to disable the firewall in the routersettings ???for always on PPPoE mode.

strange.. it should work by default.. under NAT-DMZ type in ip address of pc and save/reboot and then try..

Yes either use port forwarding ORUse bridged mode or DMZ (in both cases you need firewall well configured on ur PC)

I just looked at my firewall (on Huawei MT 882). It says: Black List Status - disabled, Use Attack Protection - disabled, Use Dos Protection - disabled. I'm using Comodo Firewall Pro, so maybe it is alright, but isn't it a better idea to turn on the router firewall? I thought it must have been active. And keeping them both on is recommended? Because I've heard that running two firewalls or two antiviruses can cause problems.Once I turn it on, if I add Utorrent to the safe list, then it should be alright, right?I'm using PPPOE method to connect. And I remember someone asking me to get behind the DMZ, how do I do that?

1.try port forwarding if your modem is configred for pppoe.or 2. you have to configure your modem for bridge mode if port forwarding is not functioning.In this case your connected pc will need some extra security.windows firewall will do the job if it is configured properly.for case 1 . after and before going for pppoe mode scan your required port from any online scan engines. (t1shopper.com) for this you have to disable every firewall in between.see the result.you will know how far you are able go.

This is how it looks at present; what changes do I make?

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modfwmc7.jpghttp://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php

@HydraHeaded
This is how it looks at present; what changes do I make?
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2725/modfwmc7.jpg
Your firewall settings are disabled. in the modem as per screen shot above.

Couldn't understand this part. And how do I turn on the firewall? Or are you recommending that I keep it off?

Thanks.

@hydraheaded
Your PM.
Now you want to ENABLE it .
For past three years I am using the same Modem,
and never bothered to check this page. Connected
the modem specially to see the firewall entries. ( No need felt )

Para two : If you don't understand something ,
leave modem settings
at default. Or check one by one the options ,
and see what effect it has on your surfing/download.
As long a wanted web site is available, and you have set PF
for torrents etc, Modem settings Firewall are ineffective.
If Only Modem Firewall is required, so many companies will not be
selling FireWall applications, and Windows OS also has FW built in to
access/block certain web sites/ports.

you can use these setings as :black list status: enabledblock list duration : 10use attack protection : allowuse dos protection : allowmax tcp open hand. :100max icmp count : 2max host count : 2