how to deactivate lan card

• Thread starter Thread starter priya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,456

priya

hello.i m a braodband user.but currenly due to being banned in one of game forum i need to re register again .so i need to change my mac address which is suposedly recorded on lan card .so in order to hide mac address can i simply deactive the lan card from the compuetr insated of manually removing it from the cpu as mine lan card is fixed to the cpu.and again then can i actiavte the lan card.

if u deactivate the LAN card then how will u connect to internet, if u're on broadband???

He can connect through USB. There are many proggy on net by which you can clone faked mac address. Search somthing for that. It worked fine but only change the mac of your lan, don't change the wan mac or you will face trouble in connecting to BB.

ya when i will deactivate lan card i will use dial up at that so no problwm in connecting to the internet .and changing mac addres everyday will also somehow not feasible so will just decativating lan card will do i eman will it hide the mac address.

You can just change your MAC address in Win XP without any extra software.Its there somewhere when you right click on the LAN card properties.

Double click on connection icon in sys try and click on disable. Alternately go to Network Connections through Control Panel, right click on ur lan card and choose disable.

Originally posted by ravi_thegreat1@Apr 2 2006, 08:08 PM
You can just change your MAC address in Win XP without any extra software.Its there somewhere when you right click on the LAN card properties.
[snapback]46843[/snapback]
[/quote]

thats the solution.....go into the properties for the lan card, change the address with 6 byte hex mac address and reconnect..easy as pie.

http://imageshack.us

thnaks fro ll ur reply.it was really helpful.but like if i dont want to cjnage my nac address simple hide it then will only deactivating lan card will do instaed of removing it from pc.

Originally posted by cyrux@Apr 4 2006, 07:55 PM
i thought they would ban somebody by IP address and not by mac address
[snapback]47103[/snapback]
[/quote]

You are right. They usually ban an IP range (because of all the dynamic IP users) if there are any troublemakers. For example, 211.45.23.x may be banned for a period of time.