• Thread starter Thread starter raddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 11,644

raddy

Regular
ISP
Reliance JioFiber
Hello EverybodyWe used Sify Broadband in chennai to connect to internet via WiFi.But, only the Laptop is able to connect via the Sify WiFi Access Point, not the Apple iPad.One of the Sify Broadband technician told us that Sify don't have a client for Apple iPad.Is it there any configuration problem in Apple iPad or the technicians is correct?We currently configured the Laptop as WiFi access point for the Apple iPad.Please suggest me ideas to directly connect the Apple iPad to internet without Laptop's help.

There is no such thing as client for iPad for internet access, Sify person is either bluffing or he is an idiot.I had heard that some cable operators who provide internet service (in Mumbai) lock the MAC address of the first device that connects. No other device can connect after that. Check if Sify has done something similar. If that is the case, tell them to reset, connect the Wi-FI router first and connect other devices to the router.

Thanks for your useful reply.The router does not appears to be using MAC address based authentication, as the access point asks password.I'll try to login to the router and check the same.Moreover the internet connection is based on wireless technology, an devices would be fitted in the terrace.I am not sure in what technology it works though.