• Thread starter Thread starter Bluegene
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,459

Bluegene

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Hi all,I am facing a small problem, hope if anyone could kindly help.i am using dataone 500 home.i want to run the dataone on 2 computers simultaneously, as we know that we can have multi sessions on dataone, therefore id and pass will not be a problelmI have 1-1 nic in both the computers8 port hubbsnl routeri have set the network asconnected cross cable from dataone router to hub and streight through from hub to both the computers. but the problem is that i am able to connect to only to 1 computer at a time, and moreover i need to reboot the router every time i connect to different computer.could any one please suggest me how could i set up my network.thanks Regards,Sandy

dood u guys are brothers..
Your Twin Brother!??

this dexter dood asked the same question for mtnl...maybe itll help?

u could setup a lan...enable internet sharing on the "server" (pick any!)...somewhere in network properties...i cant remember ill chk it out l8r

u can share net on LAN but thats = 1 connection of data1 only as both comps share 1 connection ,,if u want to connect 2 times on same ID ,,,it WORKS u need to have 2 diff BSNL LINES; 2 ADSL2 MODEMS ; 2 comps [not clear abt this]then use the same ID on the 2 comps n ENJOY

Guys I have 2 computers and i connected 1 with ethernet and other with USB and i am able to connect with those with same phone line.Anyone can tell me is this ok...or anything harm for my billing...btw..i am running in period 2AM-8AM

Originally posted by pmontu@Jan 11 2006, 08:32 PM
u can share net on LAN but thats = 1 connection of data1 only as both comps share 1 connection  ,,if u want to connect 2 times on same ID ,,,
it WORKS

u need to have 2 diff BSNL LINES; 2 ADSL2 MODEMS ; 2 comps [not clear abt this]

then use the same ID on the 2 comps n ENJOY
[snapback]38941[/snapback]
[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, DSL user names/passwords are bound to the phone number using DSLAM, so that effectively means you cant login at once with the same ID... Someone please clarify... :mellow:

amogh we can login to differnt computers simultaneously with the same id and pass, there is no problem.

helo guys,this is my first post in this forum.I have the following suggestions and doubts.1) We all should unite and demand more data transfer size as what bsnl offers is peanuts.2) Has anyone tried VOIP instrument and does it work on dataone ?3) Dataone administrators are so naive and highly educated, that they do not permit us to setup our own userid when we get the new connection. They give any damn name what they think fit which sucks. (irrespective of what you have quoted in all your applications and correspondence) We should demand our right to setup our own userid and password.4) more technical ppl in this forum should comeforward and share their findings with us.thanks. hope some would agree and some oppose.

Welcome to the the forum peelpress.Sorry to intrrupt u, but dont you think that u have posted ur view in the wrong section. I mean, if you wanted to say something, u shuld have either posted in some related topic, or started a new topic.well did u even read the topic of this thread.anyways, take care next time