• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6,226

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,My friend has a Vodafone India SIM (he is based in Mumbai only) and he has Nokia E63 mobile. He wants to connect his mobile to the internet and then connect that mobile with a USB cable to his laptop which is HP Pavilion G4 notebook, so that he can surf the internet on his laptop. He has Windows 7 Home Basic edition on his laptop. Is this possible? Please let me know the exact series of steps to be followed here. Thanks a lot.

Install PC Suite on your computer and you can use Bluetooth to establish a dial up connection within minutes.Switch Bluetooth on your phone and when it detected, select Connect option in PC Suite, select APN and leave password blank, you are done.

Internet speed in Tethering is faster than Bluetooth right?I have used only Android to tether phone to laptop/pc. Never used Bluetooth to connect to laptop!If the user's sim is 2G data pack, he should get 10-15 kBps from a maximum of 25-30 kBps in Voda 2G.have you used Voda 3G pack in phone and used bluetooth to connect to laptop and got good speeds? ( same as in the phone or only slightly less?)In android I get the same speeds in tethered laptop speedtest.net as I would get in the phone.

It is Nokia suite for all nokia phones now. I am using E-5 with Vodafone 3G, I am getting around 4 to 4.5 mbps speed when connected through cable.

Get an app called Joikuspot for your E63 symbian phone...Great app to create a Hotspot via Mobile using WLAN!!I'm currently using it...check it in Ovi store..its free!!