• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 6,041
T

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,My friend has a Vodafone India SIM (he is based in Mumbai only) and he has Nokia E63 mobile. He wants to connect his mobile to the internet and then connect that mobile with a USB cable to his laptop which is HP Pavilion G4 notebook, so that he can surf the internet on his laptop. He has Windows 7 Home Basic edition on his laptop. Is this possible? Please let me know the exact series of steps to be followed here. Thanks a lot.

Samuel

Samuel

ISP
Precious Net
Install PC Suite on your computer and you can use Bluetooth to establish a dial up connection within minutes.Switch Bluetooth on your phone and when it detected, select Connect option in PC Suite, select APN and leave password blank, you are done.

U

ulysses

Regular
ISP
Mobile broadband
Internet speed in Tethering is faster than Bluetooth right?I have used only Android to tether phone to laptop/pc. Never used Bluetooth to connect to laptop!If the user's sim is 2G data pack, he should get 10-15 kBps from a maximum of 25-30 kBps in Voda 2G.have you used Voda 3G pack in phone and used bluetooth to connect to laptop and got good speeds? ( same as in the phone or only slightly less?)In android I get the same speeds in tethered laptop speedtest.net as I would get in the phone.

kramkumar

kramkumar

ISP
MTNL Broad band
It is Nokia suite for all nokia phones now. I am using E-5 with Vodafone 3G, I am getting around 4 to 4.5 mbps speed when connected through cable.

volcano619

volcano619

Prononimous
ISP
Jio 4G/Idea 2G/ACT
Get an app called Joikuspot for your E63 symbian phone...Great app to create a Hotspot via Mobile using WLAN!!I'm currently using it...check it in Ovi store..its free!!