• Thread starter Thread starter devendra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 28,475

devendra

Regular
ISP
Mtnl 384 Unlimited @ 749
Hi guys, I have Airtel HD Setup box & having 5.1 Haier Home Theatre all are working fine. Now i would like to know how to connect my home theatre speakers through Airtel Setup box. I have configure like this My Airtel HD Setup Box is connected to Sony Bravia via HDMI port & my Home Theatre is connected to Sony Bravia via RCA Jacks(White,Yellow, Red). On my setup box its written Coxial SPDIF & in Home Theatre its written Coxial Digital Output. Now i would like to know how to connect the same

You can connect Coaxial SPDIF cable (which is like RCA cable you used, but just 1 needed) between STB and Home Theater. 1 Coaxial cable from STB to Home Theater system would carry 5.1 surround sound.

Which colour should i connect?In both of device ( Setup Up Box & Home Theatre ) both of them having Output & no input so how it will work?

I am not sure what interface your Home theater has. Can you please post photo of that interface.About colour of cable, it doesnt matters as its single cable (not 3 like Yellow, Red, White). You can use any of that 3 cables or purchase single cable from market. Try connecting Coaxial Cable from STB to Coaxial interface of Home theater.

Pls see the image http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/photodc.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/photodc.jpg/

I can see there is Orange colour Coaxial interface available mentioned as Digital Output.
I dont understand why it is mentioned as "output". Try connecting RCA type cable between Coaxial output of STB and this Orange colour interface. Select source for this interface on you Home Theater. You should get Audio from STB for current running channel.

If this does not work then you should have some "input" option for Coaxial Digital Audio.