How to connect Beam cable Broadband to a wireless router

• Thread starter Thread starter jagdish_p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 104,938
spot on !!!

thanks for the help 🙂

----------

Yeah this thing will work work as the router can Auto detect your internet connection type

----------

Congo, For how much?

bought it for 2850/- from babosa computers suggested by ranjit...

thanks ranjit

is it R1? i mean the newest version?

You are welcome cha_indian I have seen this router go for cheaper by a hundred bucks but its for the non B1 version and some retailers are selling the B1 version for a bit more though, you got it for a good price.

You are welcome cha_indian I have seen this router go for cheaper by a hundred bucks but its for the non B1 version and some retailers are selling the B1 version for a bit more though, you got it for a good price.

🙂

Any report of having wifi mode with Beam BB connection ?
Use any Standalone wifi router such as Netgear wgr614v9,
( select Dynamic IP), connect Beam Rj45 to WAN port.
Connect another Rj45 from LAN1 to desktop. Log in.
Set up wifi as usual. wifi should work.
feedback needed.

I would like to report to you all that my router was not working properly with the supplied firmware version 2.0.1.1 and also 2.0.2.0 so i gave it to rashi thinking that there was some problem with the hardware.... they have installed the firmware version 9.0.2.4b . with this version automatic login is working fine but i still cannot use the download master feature... i am still not sure whether i should go for DD-WRT firmware ...

What's exact issue you faced with previous firmware version? Is it only with download master feature?

download master did not work at all with any firmware that i have installed. My other problem was that the automatic login was not working for beam cable. With the 2.0.1.1, every three days i had to reset the router and with 2.0.2.0 the auto login never worked.

When the automatic login was not working...i tried to install DD-WRT firmware several times but router was giving error messages that read "Failed to upload firmware. Please check the connection between the router and computer"Did you face any such problems ?

This happens when multiple network adapters were enabled. On my laptop I have VPN, loopback adapter installed. i got same message. When I tried to install from other laptop without other network adapters it worked. Also firewall and anti virus needs to be disabled