How to connect adsl+Wifi router to Existing BSNL FTTH ONT

• Thread starter Thread starter richie98390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 91,301
ISP
BSNL FTTH
I have a Netgear Adsl2+router from my previous connection , i moved to a new place and decided to take the BSNL FTTH connection
the guy came did everything and went away but now i want to connect wifi to my BSNL FTTH MODEM ONT404I
can someone tell me if this is possible ? , If yes how do i do it ..cuz i tried connecting the lan cord which comes out of ont404i modem to the netgear modem ...i tried to setup connection using the installation cd but it said ADSL2 not available , now as my connection is not adsl i assume ..can i still use that router just as WIFI ..do i need to install new softwares ?

Hi Richie
As far as I know, it is not possible to connect ADSL with an input from another Modem, in this case it is ONT.
I too have FTTH connection, took it 18 months back, that time I was asked to by wireless router (Without Modem), first I purchased D-Link, somehow it did not work for me and for my friend too. Now we are using Cisco without any issues, for some Netgear is also working fine.
By the way in which area you are using FTTH, since 3 months their service is good, anyways FTTH is best in Vizag.

Yeah, I just got BSNL FTTH MODEM ONT-404i.
I bought a D-Link DIR-600M and its been 2 days since, there is no possible way to get the router to work.
I connect both the PC and the FTTH modem to the router, configured it @ 192.168.0.1, alas no dice...
Please, someone... HELP!!

I have a Netgear Adsl2+router from my previous connection , i moved to a new place and decided to take the BSNL FTTH connection
the guy came did everything and went away but now i want to connect wifi to my BSNL FTTH MODEM ONT404I
can someone tell me if this is possible ? , If yes how do i do it ..cuz i tried connecting the lan cord which comes out of ont404i modem to the netgear modem ...i tried to setup connection using the installation cd but it said ADSL2 not available , now as my connection is not adsl i assume ..can i still use that router just as WIFI ..do i need to install new softwares ?

It is very simple. Do the following steps, in order to use your NETGEAR ADSL2+ Modem + WiFi Router for your FIBRE connection.

1. First switch off your FIBRE modem.
2. Switch on your ADSL2+ ROUTER (NETGEAR or other)
3. Connect your computer through RJ45 network cable from Ethernet 1
(i.e. first port - as number mentioned in your router)
4. then login into - router
(i.e. http://192.168.0.1 or whatever default provided by router company)
5 Go to "Advanced" tab --- connection settings (of your WIFI Router / NETGEAR )
There you can find "LAN Settings"
6. LAN - Disable DHCP Server. (i.e. DHCP Server Off).
7. Save & Exit
8. RJ45 connection CABLE from AONT modem to your NETGEAR -- RJ45 (Ethernet 1 & not other Ethernet ports)

Other WIRELESS settings - same as whatever you have already. Then just restart - your NETGEAR & swtich on your FIBRE.

Your WIFI is enabled.

Last edited:
heya every1..
I am facing a problm.. Its lyk i have a bsnl broadband and want to convert it to wifi..what modem or router should i go for..
i require wifi range in a big house with 3 storeys...
Am not tht much techsavvy to understnd networking language...pls help..!!!!

Hi Guys,

I bought BSNL FTTH (AONT 100C modem) and have ADSL Netgear N150 already. I am trying to use ADSL as the wireless router.

I am trying to connect the BSNL modem to ADSL with DHCP and NAT disabled mode. However, I am not able to successfully connect as it shows only limited connectivity.

I have "IP automatically set" option on WLAN in my computer.

I suppose this is some IP config problem. I am not able to find the default gateway of the BSNL AONT modem. I am not able to access the modem through 192.168.1.251 (which is the default in most cases). I guess it is in bridge mode.

When I connect RJ45 cable directly to the computer and access "ipconfig", it has the following details for the connection:
DHCP enabled: NO
IPV4 Address: 117.247.116.36 (Preferred)
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.255
Default gateway: 0.0.0.0
DNS server: 218.248.233.2

Can someone please help if you think you have a solution.

Thank you.

Hi

Did it work for you by any chance? I have the similar modem D-Link 2750U and trying to configure it as WIFI with FTTH connection but no success

Rahul

Hi Guys,

I bought BSNL FTTH (AONT 100C modem) and have ADSL Netgear N150 already. I am trying to use ADSL as the wireless router.

I am trying to connect the BSNL modem to ADSL with DHCP and NAT disabled mode. However, I am not able to successfully connect as it shows only limited connectivity.

I have "IP automatically set" option on WLAN in my computer.

I suppose this is some IP config problem. I am not able to find the default gateway of the BSNL AONT modem. I am not able to access the modem through 192.168.1.251 (which is the default in most cases). I guess it is in bridge mode.

When I connect RJ45 cable directly to the computer and access "ipconfig", it has the following details for the connection:
DHCP enabled: NO
IPV4 Address: 117.247.116.36 (Preferred)
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.255
Default gateway: 0.0.0.0
DNS server: 218.248.233.2

Can someone please help if you think you have a solution.

Thank you.

Hi Richie,
from where did you buy the ONT Modem? From BSNL or some other store?
if other store please tell me the price because BSNL charging INR 12K for ONT and 150 rupees per month rental if taken as rent.

To all, my wifi router configuration is working fine now. Very simple mistake.
Instead of connecting FTTH modem Ethernet1 connection to my WiFi Router LAN1, I had connected to WAN port.
So, please make sure that you connect Ethernet1 of FTTH modem to LAN1 of your WiFi router.

Yeah, I just got BSNL FTTH MODEM ONT-404i.
I bought a D-Link DIR-600M and its been 2 days since, there is no possible way to get the router to work.
I connect both the PC and the FTTH modem to the router, configured it @ 192.168.0.1, alas no dice...
Please, someone... HELP!!

Hi Abhinov

I was able to connect Wifi with BSNL AONT 100C with D-Link DIR 600M
below are the steps

Ensure the DHCP Mode is enabled in the BSNL Modem (It should be enabled by default)
physical setup:
From BSNL modem Ethernet Port - ETH1. Connect the Lan Cable to WAN PORT (Yellow Color) of the DLINK Router
From DLINK router LAN1 to Laptop or Computer Ethernet Port
Check if you have internet connectivity. If it connects you are all set. Else
1 check the Firmware Version of Dlink DIR 600 M
If the Firmware Verison is 3.02 you need to upgrade to Verizon 3.03
I got the firmware sent by the DLINK Tech Support Team Customer Care # 1800 322 0000
This is the file name: AP699E9N.BW6-4-OSK-Dlink-D1409111620_webupload
Once you download the file on your system
log on to DLINK router page 192.168.0.1
Check if you have a link for Firmware upgrade under Maintenance Tab if not use the link
http://192.168.0.1/Tools/Firmware.asp
Browse the file where you have downloaded
Ensure to click the checkbox and click on upload
it would take a min to upgrade to the Firmware 3.03
You should be able to connect via DLINK WIFI

Let me know the outcome. I will be more than glad to help you.

Shankar

Hi , I have set up my BSNL FTTH connection configured with WiFi router all by myself . It took me few days to configure it by myself . So thought to make a video out of it and share it with you all .There was one specific setting which needs to be unchecked ( I am using a D-Link Wifi router ) which i couldn't locate initially , but figured it out . I have given the youtube video link below . Hope this will help . Please don't forget to give me a like in the video if its useful to you . Suggestions are welcome .

Direct Video Link :
Source

Or you can search in you tube for video description -> "BSNL FTTH and WiFi Router Configuration "

Happy learning !

It is very simple. Do the following steps, in order to use your Netgear ADSL2+ Modem + WiFi Router for your FIBRE connection.

1. First switch off your FIBRE modem.
2. Switch on your ADSL2+ ROUTER (NETGEAR or other)
3. Connect your computer through RJ45 network cable from Ethernet 1
(i.e. first port - as number mentioned in your router)
4. then login into - router
(i.e. http://192.168.0.1 or whatever default provided by router company)
5 Go to "Advanced" tab --- connection settings (of your WIFI Router / NETGEAR )
There you can find "LAN Settings"
6. LAN - Disable DHCP Server. (i.e. DHCP Server Off).
7. Save & Exit
8. RJ45 connection CABLE from AONT modem to your NETGEAR -- RJ45 (Ethernet 1 & not other Ethernet ports)

Other WIRELESS settings - same as whatever you have already. Then just restart - your NETGEAR & swtich on your FIBRE.

Your WIFI is enabled.
Thanks. But my laptop has only wifi & NO ethernet. so how to set this up . Thanks