How to configure Wireless in BSNL broadband connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter tuxcruxy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 29,229

tuxcruxy

ISP
BSNL
I got SmartAX MT841 Modem with wireless card 2 years ago with BSNL broadband connection. I was using wired connection on my PC without any problem. But now I do have a laptop also with wireless enabled configuration. I want to use this wireless card for wireless connection for laptop at home. I read manual and inserted it in right side of modem.But power and activity LED were not lit. Also plz note I am using Vista on my laptop. so please help how can I make a successful wireless connection for my laptop. Please help.

Huawei Modem Configuration Page:-

Login to the ADSL Router using http://192.168.1.1.
Username and password are ‘admin’ and ‘admin
Click on ‘Basic’.
Click on ‘WLAN’.
Select ‘WEP’ in WEP Method.

SmartAX MT-841 ADSL MODEM (Type-IV) MENU

CONFIGURATION

In you laptop click the WIFI icon
Select view available wireless networks
Do you see any other secured unsecured wifi networks ?

Post these data for wireless LAN
procedure:
start RUN type cmd OK
New window
type ipconfig /all
Post copy/paste data here.

Para two: See above links for Wireless set up.

Mt841 wireless settings

TYPE-IV

Step-11: On the left hand side, click on WLAN under Basic.

Step-12: On the right hand side, in the SSID Text box, delete MT841 and type an ID (This can be any name - type the name of the customer or the organisation - This is the ID with which, the customer's Wireless Network is identified

Click on WPA-PSK Radio Button against WEP Method.

Type a password (with minimum 8 characters) in the WPA-PSK Key Text Box. (This is the password [Network key] with which, the Customer can enter into the Network identified by the SSID field.) Scroll down and click on Apply Button.

Step-13: On the left hand side, click on the + mark by the side of Advanced and the menu will expand.

Step-14: Click on ADSL.

Step-15: On the right hand side, click on the drop down list against ADSL Modulation and select Multimode and Click on Apply Button.

Step-16: On the left hand side, Click on the - sign by the side of Advanced. The menu will collapse.

Step-17: On the left hand side, down below, click on the Save All button.

Step-18: \"Save and Reboot\" - message box will appear. Click on OK.

Device is restarting...

Please wait about 2 minutes

screen will appear

After 2 minutes when the Service Information screen appears, Close the internet explorer, allow the lamps to settle. Now in the configured MT841 modem, the link lamp will glow in amber. You have successfully configured MT841 type IV Wireless modem.

Having configured the modem, go to internet protocol (TCP/IP) properties again and take off the IP Address assigned by selecting Obtain IP address automatically radio button.

for AXmt841
WCBG03H PCMCIA wireless card 02.11b/g
If present card is "DUD" get a 3 in 0ne adslmodem/router/wifi from bsnl for
Rs 1600 + taxes or on rent at Rs 80/PM.