How to configure UT-200R2 modem ?

• Thread starter Thread starter varunbali
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,046

varunbali

ISP
Spectranet
Can anyone 1 tell me how I can correctly configure UT-300R2 dsl modem for airtel broadband ? I have the manual, the primary & secondary dns servers alongwith default dateway. I was wondering if any1 of u has configured this modem then perhaps u can help me. Here's the info that I got from my Beetel 220BX modem😀efault Gateway: 202.56.215.133Primary DNS Server: 202.56.215.55Secondary DNS Server: 202.56.215.54 LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.1I hope the info I have posted is correct.

Go to your Network Connections, right click on "Local Area Network" and click on properties. You will get a windows where you have to double click on "Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)". Now you enter whatever data you had given earlier in the right columns. In case the columns are greyed out then click on "Use the following Ip Addresses" and then enter it. Same goes for DNS servers, click on "Use the following DNS Server Addresses" for manual configuration. Hope this helps...

In your computer
Start/Network/Local Area connection/properties/TCP/IP properties
Select assign IP address automatically.
In DNS enter 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 ( Opendns mostly for all isp's)
In the modem enable DHCP.

Test in Advanced /Diagnostics page ( open 192.168.1.1/main.html)
start run cmd type ipconfig/all
default gateway should be 192.168.1.1

Update1830

Just one more thing. In the WAN configuration in the router, should I check "Obtain IP, default gateway & DNS servers automatically" or should I use the values that I have posted in my 1st post(Note: I got those values from my beetel modem) ?

Yes

But for which question ?

For this:

should I check "Obtain IP, default gateway & DNS servers automatically ?
or for this:

should I use the values that I have posted in my 1st post ?

Thanx essbebe. I was successful in setting up my UT-300R2 modem with your help.
credit goes to @slash84 . .
I seem to have duplicated his post .