How to configure tikona with adsl2+ router (Dlink DSL-2750U)

• Thread starter Thread starter mandeamit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 136,613
Hello, as I mentioned above I'm able to configure and access D-Link 2750U for Tikona. But my PC loses IP intermittently. Sometimes after half an hour or sometimes after 1-2 hours. There is no specific pattern to it. It shows a yellow triangle in the system tray. If I reset the Tikona adaptor, yellow triangle is disappeared and the internet starts working.
I've raised this issue with Tikona multiple times but they say that they do not have any issue from their side. I've tried with direct ethernet cable also but I get the same problem with that too. Any thoguths?

nitinchobhe said:
Hello, as I mentioned above I'm able to configure and access D-Link 2750U for Tikona. But my PC loses IP intermittently. Sometimes after half an hour or sometimes after 1-2 hours. There is no specific pattern to it. It shows a yellow triangle in the system tray. If I reset the Tikona adaptor, yellow triangle is disappeared and the internet starts working.
I've raised this issue with Tikona multiple times but they say that they do not have any issue from their side. I've tried with direct ethernet cable also but I get the same problem with that too. Any thoguths?
@nitinchobhe: What exactly have you done? You changed the firmware as discussed in this thread or using the router as a mere switch?
Also, what exactly do you mean by "If I reset the Tikona adaptor, yellow triangle is disappeared and the internet starts working."? Do you power off the adaptor and restart it? In that case, there might be an issue with the outdoor unit.
Regards,
k33d4 said:
Using: Tikona broadband, which allows me to use 2 simultaneous login for 2 diff. MAC address's.
Planning: for " D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-port Ethernet Router with USB (DSL-2750U) ".
Need: to Split the incoming LAN connection Cable into 2, One for regular Desktop & Second for the WiFi Router so as to use my other 3 WiFi enabled devices(Phones/Tablets) via Router simultaneously/parallaly with desktop LAN.
Can this be done, without clashing MAC addresses, with this Router Model..!!???
P.S.: Suggest any/some other Models full-filling these requirements..!!
Awaiting response..
-k33d4.
@k33d4: Why do you want to split? If you wish to access from your desktop, you may simply connect to the router from your desktop.

Geekays.Net said:
@nitinchobhe: What exactly have you done? You changed the firmware as discussed in this thread or using the router as a mere switch?
Also, what exactly do you mean by "If I reset the Tikona adaptor, yellow triangle is disappeared and the internet starts working."? Do you power off the adaptor and restart it? In that case, there might be an issue with the outdoor unit.
Regards,
@k33d4: Why do you want to split? If you wish to access from your desktop, you may simply connect to the router from your desktop.
I updated the firmware of the router and using it as a router. yes, by reset I mean I power it off and the power it ON. Actually my building has a main antenna of Tikona (bigger device used for giving access to other buildings in my area).
Yeah, may be it has problems. But these useless @Tikona Care guys are not in a mood to resolve the problem. I'm raising complaints since last 3 weeks... :-(

@GeeKays.Net:
I've a plan that allows me to register only 'two' connections/MAC addresses at a time..
So, I need to split it, so that even when my Desktop is not up/running, I can connect more than 2 devices, with different MAC addresses other than that of my desktop on the second ip provided by tikona, as my 1st one is reserved permanently for my desktop..!!!

@GeeKays.Net:I've a plan that allows me to register only 'two' connections/MAC addresses at a time..So, I need to split it, so that even when my Desktop is not up/running, I can connect more than 2 devices, with different MAC addresses other than that of my desktop on the second ip provided by tikona, as my 1st one is reserved permanently for my desktop..!!!
Clone one of the MACs on other devices.

Does using ASDL router for a tikona connection helps in performance enhancement like low pings, better download and upload speeds (what is paid for ) ??? Please share your thoughts.
My ping is really very high and the speed also fluctuating.
Thanks

sagarjha said:
so why are people taking the pain of configuring asdl router with tikona??
These are the people who already have an ADSL router and want to use it with Tikona instead of spending some more money to get a wireless router. Also, it will allow you to connect more than 2 devices (which is the limit set by Tikona)

Then you should not worry about this 🙂Yes, you can do that. Right now I'm writing these replies from my nexus 4 connected to Tikona Wi-Fi.

k33d4 said:
@GeeKays.Net:
I've a plan that allows me to register only 'two' connections/MAC addresses at a time..
So, I need to split it, so that even when my Desktop is not up/running, I can connect more than 2 devices, with different MAC addresses other than that of my desktop on the second ip provided by tikona, as my 1st one is reserved permanently for my desktop..!!!
@k33d4: If you connect to Tikona through a router, you need to authenticate once in the first device that connects to internet. The MAC of the router gets registered at Tikona end and you can connect any number of device to the router and be able to connect to the internet. So, no need to split.

Then you should not worry about this 🙂Yes, you can do that. Right now I'm writing these replies from my nexus 4 connected to Tikona Wi-Fi.
I was trying to login but tikona login page not opening.. it says 503 error..server error.. and some other shit... any idea???

sagarjha said:
Does using ASDL router for a tikona connection helps in performance enhancement like low pings, better download and upload speeds (what is paid for ) ??? Please share your thoughts.
My ping is really very high and the speed also fluctuating.
Thanks
Dear Sagar,
Greetings from Tikona.
In order to assist you, we would require your contact or Tikona User ID details. We have assigned a reference number # TIKNV0792 to your case. Request you to write to us on tikonacare@tikona.in. with your details and mention the reference number in the subject line.
Regards,
Tikona Care

Hi,
I am not able to follow the steps mentioned here for accessing internet using multiple devices.
Those settings are not there in the firmware 1.08 onwards I think (Its given in some other form may be)
I followed the steps given in the tikona forum
But the problem is, I am able to access only 2 devices.
The tips here like choosing layer 2 option is not available in this.
Please help