• Thread starter Thread starter Bluegene
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,196

Bluegene

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Hi friends,uptil now i have been using the dialer to connect to the internet. but now i want my router to auto connect whenever i switch it on.can anyone plz explain me step by step as how to configure the router.thanks a lot.

You have to provide some little info about the type and model of the ROUTER u got,etc.

Well I have found the solution to this.
And i would like to share it with others as well. So here is the procedure

This procedure is for MT880:

open http://192.168.1.1/
Goto ATM Setting
Set
Connection Type: PPP
PPPoA/PPPoE: PPPoAPPPoE
Username:
Password:
Use DNS: Enabled

Now Submit this
Then click on small Magnifier glass icon in the last in front of Status, a new window will open, in then windows click on Always On and then submit

Then click on
Other Setting->DNS
here set the following:

DNS Relay: Enable
Primary DNS Server: 61.1.96.69
Secondary DNS Server: 61.1.96.71

Now you need to setup your network
Go to Internet Protocol Properties and set the following:
IP address: 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask :255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

Preferred DNS Server :61.1.96.69
Alternate DNS Server: 61.1.96.71

Thats it and your are done.

Hope this helps someone.

Can i use that DNS server ip address u have mentioned ?ive tested it by pinging it in command prompt .the average was 30ms.BTW I live in chennai.The ping results for my DNS server is 12 ms.I wonder why u could use my DNS ip and have better results.My DNS ip is 218.248.255.145I use Auto Discover DNS mode in my modem.

Hi guys, Even i would like to know about autoconnect option because I have just changed my plan from h500 to H UL900. That means I can download lotsa stuff. For this auto connect is a must.

same here pals can some one help me configure mt841 to auto dial
Can please someone answer that question, I as well wanna configure mt841 to auto dial.