How to configure Nokia G140W-C in bridge mode?

ISP
AIrtel
Hi,
I recently got my Airtel ADSL upgraded to FTTH. I am unable to configure the Nokia 140W modem provided by Airtel to bridge mode. Please share the steps if you have had any success.
So far I have tried
  • Network->LAN->Port 3 in bridge mode
  • Tried configuring Router using PPOE after connecting it to port 3
  • When Router didn't work, tried with Laptop connected to port 3, by adding a PPPOE dial-up with airtel user id and password. Got connection failed with error 651
Thanks in advance

I had enabled bridge mode on router first, after that even if I connect my TP-Link router to Nokia router on port 1, the LED for port 1 would stay off. Once backend got enabled, the LED started glowing and then tplink got connected

Upvote 0
Guys, I got bridge mode enabled on my airtel Nokia router. Thanks to the instructions in this thread.

What worked was that I tweeted about this and within 24 hours they enabled bridge mode on port 1. Until they enabled it, the LED for port 1 on nokia router wasn't blinking, the moment they did, it started blinking. Post this, I went to my TP-Link mr600 and setup Pppoe without vlan Id and it started working perfectly.
Hello,

I am trying to do a bit of a reverse.
I have a non-fibre airtel broadband. Basically, the one which with copper wire and the phone and all. This comes with a Binatone DT920W 300 Mbps Wireless VDSL Router.

Now, I have got this Nokia G140W-C from somewhere. I want to use the Nokia with the Binatone Router, using an ethernet cable.

As of now, I am using the TP-Link TD-W8970B 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router along with the Binatone Router. It works perfectly using an ethernet cable. I didnt do much settings on this one. It automatically detected most of it.

The Binatone router is on 192.xxx.1.yyy IP series and the TPLink is on 192.xxx.2.yyy IP series.

I simply want to replace the TPLink with the Nokia. Reason being Nokia supports 5 Ghz wheras TPLink doesn’t.

I have tried everything I could from this forum. I tried to find an original firmware for Nokia but couldnt. I tried to find detailed documentation, but couldnt.

Please support.

Upvote 0
Guess the problem is that the users are being forced to use ISP provided ONTs. The TR069 cannot be disabled in these routers.

An alternative would be to get the internet commissioned using the ISP router, and then replace it with an aftermarket GPON. The serial number will need to be cloned.

Funnily, the Nokia router provided by Airtel doesn't even allow the serial number to be changed.
Dunno why/how but for the recent Aritel FTTH, I was provided with Nokia GPON G-140W-F (with 2016 firmware).

Here one can easily disable TR-069. Though don't see anywhere cloning option etc.

Upvote 0
Hello,
I recently got the TP-Link M9 Plus mesh router and have successfully connected it to my Airtel Nokia ONT in bridge mode.
This is how I configured it and it is working flawlwess.
Steps :-
1) First go to maintainence and download a backup of your config file. Incase something goes wrong
2) Go to LAN and configure ports 3 and 4 in bridge mode. (Leave Ports 1 and 2 in route mode)
This will reboot your router.
3) Go to WAN Connections and delete _TR069_INTERNET_R_VID_100
(don't touch the other connection it is for your landline)
4) in WAN create new configuration
Select the following
Connection type PPPoE
IP MODE IPv4
Service Select TR069 and INTERNET
ENABLE VLAN
VLAN ID 100
VLAN PRI 0
WAN IP Mode DHCP
and Click Save.
5) Next connect your router to WAN port 4 of your Nokia ONT
6) Now in your Router setting go and select PPPoE in WAN. Enter your username and password (you can call airtel and ask them, usually password is your airtel account number)
Click Save. Reboot your ONT and Router.
And now your ONT should be working in bridge mode.

Upvote 0
Did anyone find a solution for this? Airtel gave me the same Nokia G-140W-C router and it doesn't work with bridging.
Here's what I tried-
1. Put all LAN ports to Bridge mode on Nokia router
2. Connect LAN1 port of Nokia to WAN port of router (Asus RT-AC68U) and configured PPoE (with VLAN set to 100 priority 0)
3. When the Nokia boots up, its LAN1 and my router's WAN LEDs blink. At this point my router starts attempting PPoE connection
4. Once the Fiber LED (its called GPON on Nokia) goes green, the LAN1 (and my router's WAN LEDs) STOP blinking.
5. At this point, all LAN ports on the Nokia go dead, nothing happens at all.

Even I got to Airtel networking support in the area, they've emailed their "backend team" for help with the bridging.
I convinced them to give my old Alcatel modem back, but for some reason thats not working as well [I've reset it but I can't access its admin page 🙁 ]
I have Nokia G-140W-C router, when other service provider connect with fiber optics wire LOS light blink he configured but not to resolve, and he said new router buy. is it any configuration issue or this router is working only on Airtel? If any possibility to run over another service provider(fiber optics) then how to configured please let me out.

Upvote 0
Has anybody been able to remote access the Nokia Fiber Router Login Page.
Even after enabling WAN Access for http and https in Security - Access Control the Admin page of the Router is not accessible through the WAN IP Address.
In fact the Router Admin page is not accessible even from the local LAN if we try to open it through the WAN IP Address.
1604732092692.webp

Upvote 0
Hi all,
In my case, some sections of this firmware don't appear. I belive the should show up with an admin password I don't have. I wan't to enable remote access in my g-140w-h but I can't see Security->Access Control page. Could anyone please check the name of this cgi page for me?

Upvote 0