How To Configure Netgear Dg834g Router For TATA broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter akbar_smile
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 9,300
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
1.Did you get a cd or user manual ? Use the wizard in the router.
2.If your OS is Vista you may have to download drivers.
NETGEAR Product compatibility for Microsoft Windows Vista
3.In IE type 198.168.0.1 Id admin Password 1234 or admin
4.See this link also.
Have a Question?

No i havnt got any cd and i tried the setup wizard it detects the internet connection inward but i cant get internet on my pc or laptop. can u tell me step by step configuration for tata broadband i m using xp.

I am not familiar with Tata Broadband connections.Anyway , if this is a new connection, via cable or any modem supplied by Tata BB, please inform. whether you had an active internet connection, before trying this DG834G. Programming instructions you have to download the PDF manual from net gear site.BASIC SETTINGS VPI/VCI User ID password as given by Tata to be entered in the modem WAN page.

Yes i had a working conection on the Zexyl modem provided by TATA but i wanted to switch it on to Netgear for better conectivity i tried a lot but i m not getting exact config for it

With old modem Xyxel, get connected and note the following.
presume you know the Id and password too.
Start/ run type cmd type ipconfig/all
Now reconnect Netgear and try with above data.

DG834v1 Support Page

There seems to be a conflict in Ip addresses.For Netgear the Ip address is 192.168.0.1Enter this as default gateway in TCP/IP properties or select assign IP address automatically. Try DNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222

actually the prob is with the compatiblity i guess the Netgear suports PPP0E and PPPoA and the TATAs encasulator is diffrent it does not require username and password.

You have to give your user name somewhere to get connected >Either it is incorporated in the modem/router PPP/PPPoE or Use a dialer Wan mini port ( "bridged")to enter the same to access the ISP .What was Tata's arrangement ? The moment you switched on your system and Zyxelmodem you got connected ?You don't know your Id and password ?

TATAs Broadband run on a static ip format. so theres no question of logging any where.thereforeTATAs Broadband run on a static ip format. so theres no question of logging any where.therefore itsTATAs Broadband run on a static ip format. so theres no question of logging any where.therefore its not using eitherTATAs Broadband run on a static ip format. so theres no question of logging any where.therefore its not using either PPPoETATAs broadband runs on a static ip format and does not require login. and therefor it is not using either PPPoE or PPPoA format on encapsulation.

Hi I have configured Netgear WL Router with Tata wimaxSteps1)First connect tata wimax receiver and your computer through ethernet cable directly.2) if it is working fine,then go to command prompt and type >ipconfig /all3) from there you find the DNS server IP4) now paste this DNS IP in your LAN's TCP/IPv4 setting (after selecting the radio button of "use the folowing DNS server address" )5) connect wimax receiver with netgear router's ethernet port through ethernet cable.6) connect other ethernet port of netgear router to your system with another ethernet cable.7) disable and then enable your LAN8) try to open a page in your system.9) hopefully tata's page will appear and ask your login id & password.10) then enjoy..................:rofl:ThanksDipankar

Status
Not open for further replies.