• Thread starter Thread starter mailtoviki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 13,679

mailtoviki

...Viki (a) PriYan...
ISP
BSNL
Hi ,I recently bought Linksys WAG200G , Currently i am using it like hub to connect systems.Instead of using it as a hub i want to replace it for my Dataone Modem itself.,lease guide me to configure it for Dataone.

I already tried the methods in that posts but they did not help me to connect with dataone.

1.Did you check about Firmware upgrade ?
2. What is the error message you get when trying to use Linksys WAG200 ONLY ?
use Linksys WAG200G for my MTNL connection and it works absolutely fine! Initially I had issues with it which got fixed when I upgraded the firmware. The settings I am using are:

Encapsulation - RFC 2516 PPoE
Multiplexing - LLC
Qos Type - UBR
Virtual Circuit - 0 and 32
DSL Modulation - Multimode

Also check DSL Status under:
Status > DSL Connection
it should be connected which confirms your ADSL connection is connected

For your internet connection check under:
Status > Gateway
above from previous threads.

essbebe is right.. you might need to upgrade your firmware!!It solves the problem sometimes especially if you have followed the instructions properly

Thanks guys,after upgrading the firmware i tried with Linksys Setup wizard and connected with BSNL now 🙂

Hi,I configured my Linksys and Internet (BSNL Data One) is on with the cable connected. But i am unable to connect via Wi-Fi. On my laptop i use a Dell Wireless utility for Wi-Fi connectivity - it works fine with my office Wi-fi. But does not read the client and Gateway IP address - nor the authentication key.can anyone helpabhishek

go to command prompt type ipconfig and post results here.. also tell me if you are able to ping to your linkys.. by typing ping 192.168.1.1 where 192.168.1.1 is ur Linksys ip adress..if the ping is successfull then try ping google.co.in and post results here