• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,299
Status
Not open for further replies.

hitech0101

I got banned!
ISP
YOU
I recently got a reliance thunder plan they gave me a modem but i used my old bsnl BB's router 'Huawei quidway wa1003a' as i was able to use wifi on that but yesterday i was unable to connect to the internet, when i changed back to original modem reliance gave me, everything worked fine. Please help me to so i can use the huawei router on reliance BB.

It's called MAC ID binding. You won't be able to use your BSNL modem with RCOM. You can however set it up as a router.

But it was working fine for nearly 15 days suddenly it stopped, any possible reason, can i make it work again since it was working before and also more importantly thanks for the help I will look into how to set it up as a router.

I have tried MAC ID spoofing using a couple of apps it did not work . I am thinking of buying TP-Link 'TL-WR740N' router will it work if i connect the dsl cable to this router without using the reliance modem.
Thanks for helping.
Edit:I have found the mac address of the reliance modem I just could not find how to enter it into Huawei router.

There must be an option called 'MAC ID spoofing' in the router. Not all routers have this option though. Flash DD-WRT on it, if it's compatible.
Softwares won't work.

I searched for the option it was not there and its not compatible for dd-wrt . I have decided I will buy the TP-Link router(TL-WR740N) so, i can i go ahead and buy it or should i look into another model. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.