How to configure DSL502T on WinXP

• Thread starter Thread starter sevmamra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,281

sevmamra

ISP
saty
I'm unable to configure DSL502T on win XP ........i'm also using Win 98.........

In XP i've tried out all the settings but cannot reach the router through Lan connection........even after configuring the details in the network settings i'm unable to Ping it to 192.168.x.x............. 🙁 (its detecting on USB port).

I've also tried resetting the router but could not ping the router.

Can any one help me out in this matter

wht have u kept the LAN settings mode for the USB LAN connection (is it static ip or dhcp). If using dhcp then try using static ip...say 192.168.1.2. If u have any further details available plz let me know.

Check the USB led on the router. Does it have a steady glow?If not, check the USB cable and see that the connectors are properly inserted in the ports on your PC and router.If that doesn't help...Disconnect the router from the PC, uninstall the USB driver, reboot the PC, and then reinstall the driver from the routers CD. Now connect the router to the PC and try to ping it. Your routers IP address should be 192.168.1.1 (unless you've changed it).Your PC should have more than one USB port. Try connecting on another port.Cheers!

which cable did u use to connect the LAN? Did you get it tested on some other comp?

Hi,
I'm using the ethernet port and while booting in XP it dosen't work even after giving a static ip in XP. 🙁

I'm using the cbles that are given to me by the company D-Link...(straight cable). These cable work in WIN98.

The LED of the ethernet in the router is normal (on) when i'm running XP.

I've tried keeping static IP as wel as DHCP but both dosen't work.

I've a dual boot on my PC and its working fine on Win98 with a static IP, but while changing it to XP it dosen't work.

Which NIC do you have?Check Device Manager > Network Adapters for any conflicts.Also check if the manufacturer has a driver update for Windows XP.

hmm...i think your Windows XP drivers might be corrupted. Try removing the drivers and install the same drivers or updated ones should work!

Originally posted by thoufique@Dec 11 2005, 06:08 PM
if u have bought a realtek ethernet card... the cheap one for 150 bucks u will hav lot of driver issues. the defualt driver xp installs does not work properly...i had this problem too..they give the dirvers on a stupid floppy..lol i dont even hav a floppy drive. had to go to a friends place and uploaded the drivers on to the net and then installed it.
[snapback]35336[/snapback]
[/quote]

U r quiet right Thoufique.....
i have a realtek eathernet had had the problem.........but now its solved......
thanx for telling me this as if any prob. occurs will know what to do...