How To Configure D-link Glb 502t ?

• Thread starter Thread starter n_param
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 9,068

n_param

I have a new D-Link GLB 502T ADSL router, since the ethernet card in my laptop got repaired am trying to connect via USB for accessing the DATAONE connection, i was instructed to use the following details by the supportIP: 192.168.1.6Subnet:255.255.255.0Gateway:192.168.1.1Preferred DNS:61.1.96.69when i connected the USB i found the connection is on with Power,ADSL and USB glowing continously indicating the everything is perfect and i set up the above details for the TCP/IP details, BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO BROWSE ANYTHING.....No website/URL is loading......Is there any other thing i have to do to connect via USB, the modem is brand new, and the support has told me that modem is supported for dataone, since the support line is bit busy, i thought of getting help from this forum....Plz let me know how to configure to access the DATAONE thru USB ??Thanks in advance

^ a couple of queries here :1. did you install USB drivers for modem ... 2. how are you trying to connect to the net ?i.e. whether thru PPPoE mode of modem orthru a dialing software ?

QUOTE(seshu @ Nov 18 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]69095[/snapback]
^ a couple of queries here :

1. did you install USB drivers for modem ...
2. how are you trying to connect to the net ?
i.e. whether thru PPPoE mode of modem or
thru a dialing software ?
[/b]

Hi

I have installed the modem drivers

PPPoE is for ethernet Right ?? for USB i was told once i install the drivers and modem is switched on and if i set up the IP, i will get "always on" connection, but i couldn't

when i was using ethernet before i configured by using PPPoE and i used to get a connection alert as like dialup for connecting and disconnecting....

Can we do the same stuff for accessing via USB too ??????

NOTE: So far i havent changed any settings of the modem, what i did was i setup the IP,gateway and DNS stuff for the connection i get when i plug in the USB, and i was trying nothing worked out so far..Plz help me

Thanks

You should check the other thread in which u have posted the question already...It is obvious that in order to connect to the internet u'll have to dial the connection....U hvnt dialed the dialer....If u r using windows xp... then go thru the following things.....Plug in ur usb cable into the modem...Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Network Connection --> On the right Side there is an option Create a New Connection under the network tasks tab, click on it... A window opensWelcome to the new connection wizardClick Next --> Click Connect to the Internet --> Click Setup my connection manually --> Click Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username n password --> Fill in the ISP name BSNL DataOne --> Fill in ur username password --> Double click on the BSNL DataOne icon to connect to the internet...Here u go.....Yahoo!!!!

Hi,Thanks for your replyI tried it already by dialing it, i always get "connecting via WAN miniport (PPPoE)" and it shows Error 678. the remote computer did not respond,i feel its trying to connect via ethernet, but i have connected via USB, I forgot to mention this in my previous post thtzz why....i tried to create a new connection as you have mentioned , the dialer always gives "connecting via WAN miniport (PPPoE)" .....Do i have to do anything in modem or dialer settings to point it to USB ????My another doubt is, Is that PPPoE is related both to Ethernet and USB ???Still am using a dialup to access this forum !!, help me to configure accessing the dataone ASAP ! thanksNote: Click Connect to the Internet --> Click Setup my connection manually --> Click Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username n password option says that Your ISP may refer this as PPPoE...I just have 3 options listed, Connect using dial-up modemConnect using broadband connection tha requires a username and password (mentioned as above)Connect using a broadband connection that is always on (tried this too, NOT WORKING)

what is your modems Software Version? mine is 3.7.0D.0 . you can check that out in the status -> product information. dont use the windows dialer or something . store the user/pass in the modem by setting it in the pppoe mode.

Hi,

I also have the same (3.7.0d.0) firmware and GLB-502T. While upgrading the firmware, i tried to upgrade some wrong firmware and it got corrupt. And after that i tried to upload mtd3 partition again with some wrong file.

Now I need somebody's help to get correct configuration file(mtd3). If you are ready to help, please look at the procedure to download mtd3 from your router to your PC. This is not dangerous at all. I copied config file from some other router (3.7.0b.0), but its not working with my router.

Procedure:

Telnet to ur router (192.168.1.1)
u will get Linux prompt
#cat /dev/mtdblock/3 > /var/mtd3.bin
then kill the process of mini_httpd and restart it without any parameter
now you will be able to connect to your router using internet explorer and see the files in /var directory
you can copy-paste mtd3.bin from router to your PC.
now you can delete mtd3.bin in /var or reboot your router.

There is no danger anywhere as you are not writing of doing anything with your flash memory. Hope to get help from you.

Thanks and regards,

Kailas Shetye
Mumbai

what is your modems Software Version? mine is 3.7.0D.0 . you can check that out in the status -> product information. dont use the windows dialer or something . store the user/pass in the modem by setting it in the pppoe mode.