How to configure D-Link DSL-2750U on Reliance Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter hash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 49,209
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,
I use Reliance Broadband and ADSL2+ Modem (D-Link 2750u).
Successfully managed to convert DSL -> WIFI. Contact me for help or queries.
Theres only one tough thing (say once a day) to put manual DNS.
Am looking for that too.

Your router should have a WAN port.

Hello All
I am using a D-Link 2750U router with reliance broadband.
Here is what all I did.
1. Logged into the modem configuration page (192.168.1.1)
2. Internet Set up in setup Tab , Clicked New
3. VPI = 0
4. VCI = 35
5. Connection Type : MER
6. WAN : Obtain IP automatically
7. Enabled NAT
8. Then Shared it through Wifi.
Error :No internet connectivity
Problem : DNS server is not responding.
Tweak Did : In Advance Tab , DNS I tried putting manual DNS as 8.8.8.8 and 124.124.5.140 and Net was working fine in all the systems/mobiles.
Problem : When modem is rebooted or restarted, the DNS entered becomes blank ie to get internet i have to type in Preferred and Alternated DNS everytime i switch on (Hectic)
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks n regards
Kuttoosan

Strange, the router should not wipe out the dns addresses unless you are resetting the modem. As an alternative why dont you configure the dns manually in all the clients(pc, mobile etc) instead?

I contacted the D-Link Team and i have firmware 1.07, 1.08, 1.10 and all having same issue.
In mobiles i am not able to set the manual DNS. Also its not nice to tell everyone(friends who visit home frequently) to set DNS manually.
Also It was told that the ISP is the cause for the deletion which i did not believe yet.
In Dlink. I have an option called WAN IP Seetings. Its set to "Obtain automatically". I could see the DNS getting added in the "Greyed out textbox" when i add manually but when i restart modem it goes off.
Also the DNS obtained automatic is 125.125.5.140. Why do reliance give such DNS?

Also if I am setting WAN IP manual. It works for sometime and then it stops say after (1-2 hours)

Thanks

ISP is not the cause. The cause is obvious, the router is not able to retain DNS server details.
I have never used a D-Link router, is there a setting somewhere in the interface that requires you to permanently save the modified settings? Could you post a screenshot of the page after changing and saving the DNS addresses? Also why are you not using 8.8.4.4 as secondary dns?

rj27, What is your firmware version?
I am attaching my screenshots.
Before (ie when i set manual DNS)

After (The modem is restarted)

godric_gt said:
ISP is not the cause. The cause is obvious, the router is not able to retain DNS server details.
I have never used a D-Link router, is there a setting somewhere in the interface that requires you to permanently save the modified settings? Could you post a screenshot of the page after changing and saving the DNS addresses? Also why are you not using 8.8.4.4 as secondary dns?
I thought I will use the reliance DNS as the secondary. Anyway its not the numbers that matter!

Hehe, right! The numbers should not matter 🙂 Seems like your problem lies with the router itself, have you tried checking at the manufacturers website for the latest firmware version no and match it with the one you have?

rj27 said:
Mine is on Stock firmware which is IN_1.10 from the start. It came with the same one.
Oh Yours is Hardware C
Mine is U1
godric_gt said:
Hehe, right! The numbers should not matter 🙂 Seems like your problem lies with the router itself, have you tried checking at the manufacturers website for the latest firmware version no and match it with the one you have?
Yea i contacted the fellows and managed to get manager on line!. He forwarded me 1.07, which i downgraded from 1.08 and got 1.10 test version too. Nothing seems having an effect!

Yea i did everything i could and then only i contacted those fellows at customer support. But im afraid if support fellows are not as professional to solve!!!
It must be a firmware issue, and i dont think i can make them update the version.
They were telling that this problem is not happening at their end. and thats how they came to conclusion that its happening because of ISP issue

Yes I have faced this attitude with Linksys Customer Support as well, they will refuse to accept it as a router fault even if the proof is is staring them at the face. Quite annoying really.

Status
Not open for further replies.