How to configure bsnl SL2_141 for Win98

sandeep1612

ISP
BSNL
I have a BSNL Data one connection with Siemens SL2_141 modem.I can use it with my Laptop of winXP over WIFI but unable to use it on my Desktop(Win 98) with LAN.How can I use it for Win 98

@sandeep1612. Welcome to BroadbandForum.inIf you can surf in Wi-Fi mode the modem is configured .For Desktop WIn98 ( have you Updated it till july 2006.? No more updates)Start/All programs/accessories/communications/ Internet connection Wizard.More details later. Or click the Tag sl2_141 appearing above.

Thanks for the Info!!If I try to create an internet connection it only allows to make a dialler connection in 98 unlike in XP where it also asks for a ADSL connection.Regards,Sandeep

See the other linked threads. To keep the modem "always on" link given by me.
Also it will be helpful, if you answer specific questions raised by the contributers.

Thanks for the Response,I have this document ,this is for SL2_141I and not for SL2_141 !!, in this case the option "Connect to Internet" comes for 192.168.1.1 but in my case this option is not present.Regards,Sandeep

win 98 needs pppoe dialer and a patch to make a manual
broadband connection . download & install the following
from any modem page at calcutta telephones site

1. PPPoE client sw
2. win98 SE update patch

simple guides also available on that site (link given above)

Thanks a lot 🙂 I will try it today and give the feedback although I think that It should work now.Regards,Sandeep