How to configure BSNL broadband for brand new laptop ?

• Thread starter Thread starter karteek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,038
ISP
BSNL
Hi,
I am going to get my new Dell laptop in couple of days. Please guide me how am I supposed to configure normal broadband connection to it(no WiFi initially).
Right now I am using UTStarcom WA3002G4 modem. Once I receive the laptop is it OK if I just plug the cable at it's back. Will the broadband gets configured automatically ?
Please guide me through this with your expertise.
Thanks much !

No one from the forum with the experience, please reply.

If your modem dials automatically which it generally does on BSNL Broadband, the net should work automatically after connecting the ethernet cable to the laptop.

How am I supposed to confirm if it dials automatically or not ? Also are there any simple steps to configure as soon as I hook up the new laptop with the cable ? Please clarify. The new machine will have a preloaded Win 8.1 OS.

Thanks for the reply !

BSNL by default automatically logs you in. But there is always an option to login manually by using a dialer app. If you were manually logging in, you would have known about it. So I am guessing your modem should work automatically as soon as you connect the ethernet cable.

Just plugin the lan cable to the port. It will automatically detect your connection.

And since you have purchased a Dell laptop... I suggest applying for a 3 year long warranty. That shit breaks so fast that you would like to get a 6 year warranty on it.

Thanks chromaniac. I have already purchased / paid for it. Can I know extend the warranty ? Also can you please let me know the first thing to do once I receive the package like do's and dont's.
Finally Dell laptops are they so problematic ?
Cheers !

I would say one thing... If you need customer support from Dell... Contact @dellcares on Twitter instead of calling local call center

I too use Dell. Still on warranty. Yes, you can extend the warranty. Though I am quite happy with the machine, there were some replacements to date. But other models too have their problems.

That's the thing... Enough parts would need replacement that the extended warranty would look quite cheap in comparison. 🙂 Just take it.

hey I got the new laptop and configured the BSNL broadband. Now I see the following, in the network and sharing center I see 2 networks as
1) Broadband Connection , Access Type: Internet, connections: Broadband Connection
2) Unidentified Network, Access Type: No network access, Connections: Ethernet
Both are public networks. My question is what is the bold one doing in my system ? Please enlighten me.

Yes, Post the screenshot of the network and sharing center and also post a screenshot from -> Device Manager-> Network Adapter.