how to configure alliance fiber ONU?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deb_1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 18,396
@Deb_1 Were you able to access your ONU yet?

I can guide you regarding this. Just state your preferred mode of communication: phone/whatsapp/telegram/on this forum.

@Deb_1 I was unable to find a proper way to DM you, so I'm posting the method here.

Follow the below mentioned method carefully. In case you're unable to understand a step, ask me about it first before proceeding with the procedure.

Step 1: Connect your ONU directly to your PC via an ethernet cable.

Step 2: Go to adapter options under network settings, select your ethernet adapter and then change the settings as follows, by clicking on "use the following IP" :
IP ADDRESS : 192.168.1.8
SUBNET: 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY: 192.168.1.4

Set the DNS server 1 to 8.8.8.8.
Click apply to save the changes.

Step 3: Make sure all other adapters (if any) are disabled except your ethernet adapter.

Step 4: Restart/Power Cycle your ONU.

Step 5: Once the ONU has booted up, open any browser and type in the following address: 192.168.1.1

Step 6: Enter the following credentials (default):
Username: admin
Password: admin

Once you're done with the settings, don't forget to revert back the changes you made to your PC's network settings, i.e, enable any adapters that you might have disabled and change IPv4 settings of your ethernet adapter back to automatic.

@Deb_1 I was unable to find a proper way to DM you, so I'm posting the method here.

Follow the below mentioned method carefully. In case you're unable to understand a step, ask me about it first before proceeding with the procedure.

Step 1: Connect your ONU directly to your PC via an ethernet cable.

Step 2: Go to adapter options under network settings, select your ethernet adapter and then change the settings as follows, by clicking on "use the following IP" :
IP ADDRESS : 192.168.1.8
SUBNET: 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY: 192.168.1.4

Set the DNS server 1 to 8.8.8.8.
Click apply to save the changes.

Step 3: Make sure all other adapters (if any) are disabled except your ethernet adapter.

Step 4: Restart/Power Cycle your ONU.

Step 5: Once the ONU has booted up, open any browser and type in the following address: 192.168.1.1

Step 6: Enter the following credentials (default):
Username: admin
Password: admin

Once you're done with the settings, don't forget to revert back the changes you made to your PC's network settings, i.e, enable any adapters that you might have disabled and change IPv4 settings of your ethernet adapter back to automatic.
Hi, can you tell me how to configure the ONU after logging in? I reset my ONU & now I can't configure it properly. I called alliance customer service & they only gave me my IP address. I don't know if I have PPPoE connection or static IP.

Last edited:
@Neel You don't have to configure the ONU. Your connection comes with a router, right?
Just connect your router with your ONU and things will start working just fine.
You have static IP (private), the settings for which are configured in your router( not ONU).
If you're not using any router, then the settings are probably in the adapter settings page of your PC.
Contact your local operator for any assistance, as its them who provided you with the IP.