How To Check Usage Of Prepaid 3G Data Card?

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 148,161

vmsanandh

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Hi buddies,

Im having Prepaid 3G data SIM with Huawei E156 HSDPA USB Stick. They are now providing 2 Gb morning usage & 10 Gb night usage for 2 months for free.

Im confused how to check the balance and usage?

If we are using 3G data SIM with our mobile phone, its easy to check balance and usage by dialling *123# itself.

But as im using tht SIM with data card, im unable to check balance & usage. Any useful suggestions?

well maybe when you want to check the balance you can put it in a phone and dial *123#

well maybe when you want to check the balance you can put it in a phone and dial *123#

I ve told the way to check usage in my 1st post itself, that you are saying now. For how many times can we change the SIM to data card and mobile phone.

I want a suggestion to check data usage with SIM card in data card itself.

Thats no good last time i called bsnl cc i had to wait for 1 hour just to get connected

Hi buddies,

Im having Prepaid 3G data SIM with Huawei E156 HSDPA USB Stick. They are now providing 2 Gb morning usage & 10 Gb night usage for 2 months for free.

If we are using 3G data SIM with our mobile phone, its easy to check balance and usage by dialling *123# itself.

But as im using tht SIM with data card, im unable to check balance & usage. Any useful suggestions?

This post is not related to your query, but i have one question.

Are you facing any issue of frequent connection drop when you trying to do any data intensive operations like downloading a fat file? I am facing this issue when i am connecting my laptop with mobile. Is this issue happening because of mobile connection?

I am about to purchase a BSNL 3G datacard. Would like to know the reviews from datacard users before proceeding further.

Thanks for your time

Are you facing any issue of frequent connection drop when you trying to do any data intensive operations like downloading a fat file? I am facing this issue when i am connecting my laptop with mobile. Is this issue happening because of mobile connection?

I am about to purchase a BSNL 3G datacard. Would like to know the reviews from datacard users before proceeding further.

Thanks for your time

Im using 3G SIM with data card for past 1 week and experienced no problems. Speed is great at nights. I usually download 100 Mb files from link-removed without any problem. But speed will vary from 60 Kbps to 250 Kbps while downloading big file but it wont disconnect.

Thanks for your time

Yes it's true with me, I am usning the sim inside the datacard usb device and there are frequent disconnections normally every after 15-20 minutes, not sure why it's happening or because of the place and tower signals here, not really happy with the bsnl and mainly it's customer care services at all, these guys are paid just for doing nothing really appreciable :huh:

Well, there is some good news after all for all BSNL 3G Prepaid Data users. After every session (Whenever you disconnect the modem) BSNL sends you a SMS with the data used and remaining data balance.This should go a long way and make it easier for users to know the balance of their 3G data cards

Well, there is some good news after all for all BSNL 3G Prepaid Data users. After every session (Whenever you disconnect the modem) BSNL sends you a SMS with the data used and remaining data balance.
This should go a long way and make it easier for users to know the balance of their 3G data cards

Well it would be very kind of you if you can let everyone know how and where to register for such a service, I am using the 3g from bsnl at pune since nearly 2 months but never received any sms of such kind.

Thanks in advance,
Anmol Saraf

I am using Nokia 5320 with 3G Sim. I am not able to get the data usage using *123#. I get only the amount remaining for voice.@onewhoknows, please provide the way to activate the SMS service.

There is nothing to activate. Whenever you disconnect your browsing session, BSNL will automatically send a text message with the following details1) Data used for that session2) Remaining Data Usage. Your smart bro session should have an inbox with the message.

Please install microsoft hotfix KB925681 from here. It must solve connection drop problem.
Link: When you try to download a file from the Internet by using Internet Explorer, the download stops responding

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

For checking Data usage a desktop gadget called Network Meter will help you.
Find at: Most Wanted Windows Gadgets - Windows Vista and Windows 7
This might be confusing to differentiate Night and Day usage, I would suggest you to maintain a data size in list for each session with time, date. Reset Network Meter after each session. It will give you a detailed planning.

@onewhoknowsBut in Pune I am not getting any message like that. It might be something different here.

Hi buddies,

Here is how to check 3G data usage in case you have not figured out by now :

Dial *123*6#

from your BSNL mobile or data card software