How to check if BSNL evdo will give me speeds at my place before i purchase it?

• Thread starter Thread starter Akif
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,347
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akif

ISP
BSNL evdo
[font="'comic sans ms'"]I am from ahmedabad, Vatva. I was using local SpidiGo internet from past 2 years. a month back my spidigo guys told me that there is some problem with their local AP and hence i will be refunded my money. I applied for tikona internet provider, the guy from tikona did show up today but told me that connection at my place is not possible since he can not get a LOS to his AP.

Reliance Wimax is to expensive. Airtel/Tata broadband are not available at my place. so now the only players who remain are Dongles and data cards. I have used unlimted broadband plans from past 4 years, and hence would like to continue using unlimted in future as well. but when i did some research for the datacard/dongle plans by various providers and came to know that most of the so called "Unlimted plans" by tata photon, reliance netconnect +, and MTS blaze only provide good speeds untill few GBs a month.

Now the only thing that remain is BSNL evdo Which according to my research actually provides unlimited internet at 750 a month. but since it is BSNL obviously it was hard for me to gather information regarding how to get the connection and things.

Now the only concern i have is that, i know that BSNL evdo provides only 144kbps where it doesnt have the "high speed" signals. I am worried that if i buy a new evdo , in my home i may not get the speed.

So my question is : How do i check bsnl evdo speed in my house, without having an evdo ? I dont have any friends who use evdo. however i do have freinds who have BSNL sims. so can i check BSNL sim signal such as if its HSPA or EDGE ? does that matter?

Thanks for reading
Akif
A worried internet user[/font]

Only read your title though, Ask for demo from bsnl guy. They will provide you demo and you can check it at your place weather it will give you speed or not

Status
Not open for further replies.