How to change PPPoE password on Excitel Broadband?

Karan Verma

[OP]
Regulars
Apr 11, 2016
So, technician just finished installation and setup. I did changed my portal password but do I need to change the PPPoE password or let it be?

Sidharth P

Regulars
May 10, 2015
as long as your connection is up most of the time, you should be fine as excitel forbid multiple logins.

Karan Verma

[OP]
Regulars
Apr 11, 2016
Great. My modem stays online always. Also, can i change it myself or i need to contact customer support or LCO.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
there is no user end option to change your pppoe password. your lco might be able to change it but then he would still know your password. if someone finds a good way to change it, please post here!

Reactions: Karan Verma

ngrhd

Regulars
May 14, 2016
Can't their customer care change it? Open a ticket and ask them to change, they'll be able to do it instantly since password is received on your registered mobile via Excitel at the time of new connection; and communicate to you over the phone.

Reactions: opomiyulen

Rohan Kataria

May 2, 2017
Call their customer care, they will change your password. But the new password will be computer generated (combination of 8 letters / numbers, hard to guess). You cannot choose a password of your liking.