how to change ip address from 59.xx.xx. to 117.xx.xx

• Thread starter Thread starter dhanvanth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 10,666

dhanvanth

ISP
bsnl dataone
i want to change my ip address from 59.xx series to 117.xx series to obtain higher speeds as i have read in this forum that 117 series ip yeilds more download speeds than 59. xx series. is it true? . please notify me about the procedure to change ip

dhanvanth... welcome to broadbandforum.cosince how many years you have dataone connection? bb connections booked and installed before august 2007 will not come under 117.x.x.x new portal😗(this was told by a telecom employee)

i have booked my bb connection in march and got the connection on april 3 2008. that means couldn't i get 117 series

@/members/dhanvanth/What is your present tariff plan ? What is the present speed you get ?Which web site you check your usage ?Being a small town , your exchange might have been connected to 59.xx.xx.xx servers, and even new users are given 59.xx.xx.xx. I am on 59.xx.xx.xx and no speed problem.

yeah i am a new brodband subscriber and i got the i.p 59.x.x.x . my plan is home 250 .i'm changing it to 500c plan from june. i checked my i.p from bsnl site. i am getting a speed of aroune 100-150 KBps from link-removed and direct downloads, torrent downloads 40-50 KBps. is there any speed difference in 59.x.x.x and 117.x.x.x .

yeah man i have also heard abt speed that 117. has 400 KBPS. and yes it can be changed. u will have to surrender and the apply again. its taht easy.

surrendering and applying again is a very long process and i have to go rounds around the bsnl office. any other way itony

/members/vissu/
My post read in context of post earlier Post No 1. & Post No 6
Being a small town , your exchange might have been connected to 59.xx.xx.xx servers, and even new users are given 59.xx.xx.xx.
I have to improve my writing in English. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
is it true? new users are given connections with 59.x.x.x ip?[/quote.]

@https://broadband.forum/members/dhanvanth/
Check your IP here.
What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

yeah. it must be right. there were 2 types of exchanges in my city. cdot and ocb exchanges. ocb is highly capable exchange with more than 100000 lines🙂 and cdot is allocates only one level of numbers. maybe this help me if i change to cdot to revert back to old portal🙁

well the bottom line is that you cannot change your ip address.. you just have to be happy with whatever ip bsnl gives you 😀 .. if you are not.. then reboot your modem you will get another ip.. but if you have been getting an ip like 59.x.x.x it will remain in the 59.x.x.x series (mostly) and you would not be able to get 117.x.x.x.

whatever the ip doesn't matter if bsnl people do their duty correctly. i've fed up with bsnl. still they did not provisioned my plan 😢 mails to dataone officers also did not solved my problem

checked my ip it is 59.93.52.xxx if i swith off my modem overnight does it change , and after changing does it again be 59.xx.xx.xx . if it is what to doand also my portal is like this my account info is hosted on the site with a blue background and i have seen some user's portal screenshots showing white background why is the difference , upto now i haven;t been give the portal idthen is there any way to increase my broadband download speed

dhanvanth are you using 250 plan 😱 don't browse youtube,etc. link-removed and direct downloads eat more bandwidth🙁