How to change Excitel Broadband Portal Password?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sidharth P
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 39,499
ISP
excitel
I noticed that LCOs set really bad password on Excitel Portal. Almost every time your password is same as username, 123456,12345678, 11223344. My LCO set the same password as my username.

If someone unauthorized gets into your Excitel account then they can see your phone number and address.
Changing portal password doesn't change your Pppoe password, the unauthorized can still steal your Internet if they are also on excitel.

So, change your Excitel portal password to something unique that you do not use on other website

my lco used the same password for all connections in my sector lol. what about username? here it is name.houseno?

freaking idiots does not allow $ sign lol.

Upvote 0
There is an Excitel account with username 'Excitel'. Username does add another layer of security but can still be guessed pretty easily. My lco gives username in format "ex_<name of customer>"

Upvote 0
lol ok. i guess it is still a big deal considering anyone can login to your account and do terroristy activity lol. i should ask my local guy to change my pppoe password to something else.

Upvote 0
Its dangerous, but luckily Excitel doesn't allow multiple pppoe logins, so as long as you are connected, no one will be able to steal your Internet.
There was a bug in Excitel app which wasn't fixed for a week which allowed anyone to login to anyone else's account without a password. Pretty dangerous and careless.

Upvote 0
there is also mac binding in place though not enforced yet i believe. their online portal has/had option to reset it.

Upvote 0