How to change DNS on Jio Fibre router?

• Thread starter Thread starter pradeep881
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 31,069
Type wan in the search box at the top right and you will see the settings. They are just hidden, not removed.

Upvote 1
Solution
If it's not too late, what i changed it using static setting ( as it was giving 2 options - 1. DHCP without DNS updation form 2. Static IP option with static IP as well as DNS form). You can get existing IPv6,gateway from status page and enter same in static option. In DNS setting i used google's DNS.

My reason for changing DNS - While network scan in router i was getting warnings that some domains have been hijacked and DNS might be vulnerable. Default setting was to use Jio's DNS server.

Upvote 0
dont change wan side only change lan side and reconnect the devices, they will start using the dns you specified for both ipv4 and ipv6. Im using pihole and it works flawlessly.

Upvote 0
If it's not too late, what i changed it using static setting ( as it was giving 2 options - 1. DHCP without DNS updation form 2. Static IP option with static IP as well as DNS form). You can get existing IPv6,gateway from status page and enter same in static option. In DNS setting i used google's DNS.

My reason for changing DNS - While network scan in router i was getting warnings that some domains have been hijacked and DNS might be vulnerable. Default setting was to use Jio's DNS server.
mate can you explain in step by step iam a bit new to this routers and stuff i want to change my dns i have succesfully changed ipv4 dns but cant seem to change ipv6 as it keeps sayin enter a valid address etc

Upvote 0