How to change channel number on Airtel Router?

• Thread starter Thread starter nuhearts
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 14,238
ISP
Airtel
I have Huawei HG633 router from Airtel, I need to changed the channel from Auto to manual. However the tab is grayed out, I am logged in as Admin.
Any help will be appreciated.

I dont use a Huawei router, so I may not be able to offer you immediate help.

But when you get around this, you may want to keep the channel as "Auto", as it'd pick the WiFi channel with the least interference.

Upvote 0
The technician from Airtel visited, he said in recent past there were lot of complaints from ppl on wifi connectivity where it was inter-fearing with other devices like cordless phones, oven etc. Hence the company has update the firmware on all the routers with the channel as Auto & it cannot be changed.

Upvote 0
The select HTML element that changes the channel is disabled simply by adding disabled="" to it. Just use your browsers' inspector to manually remove that attribute and then it let's you change the channel. Then, if you save it, it does change the channel. I verified that it does change the channel using one of those wifi analyzer apps lmao.

For context, my router is RL841GWV-DGB which came along with my Airtel Xstream FIber connection.

Upvote 0
@navneetkhare,
That doesn't work, once you apply it resets the data and reverts to the previous state before code change.
I tried finding the source file but it will need the code level access to be edited.
Might worth a try if you can try and do it.

Upvote 0
Hi, I can change the channel in Airtel routers to any channel number. I have spent 4 weeks to figure this out writing a lot of codes manually. Finally! I’ve made it!!! Reach out to me via PM if anyone needs help.
Please reply to me on how to change the channel number. I am using my second router as an extender, But due to a power cut, the extender doesn't connect back to the router because the channel that I set in the extender now got changed on the router. so please help me. My Email: amit.prakash.it@gmail.com

Upvote 0