how to bypass MTNL port binded connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter mnk1001
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,017

mnk1001

ISP
MTNL
I got a broadband connection from MTNL in 2007 with 256kbps Unlimited download plan. When I started using it I got the speed of approx 2Mbps. The download speed reached 250kbps. I was shocked but happy. I used it for around 8 months. Even people who got MTNL broadband on my reference said that they are getting around 2Mbps. Also I was able to use the UserID/Password of other people too. The bad part was that I had to get my Land line disconnected. :icry:Again I got MTNL broadband connection in August 2009 and the speed was same as before. But the fun lasted for only a few days after I got a call conforming if my internet is working fine (I used my own Beetel ADSL modem which is also used by MTNL as the Utstar modem and politely refused technical visit for Modem configuration) and next day onwards the speed came down to 256kbps. I tried everything but of no use. I even tried using different peoples UserID and Password (u know how 😛 ) but nothing works now. I believe that they have binded the User ID (phone number) through port binding or through some other software mechanism. So is there anyone who can tell me what is the security measure that MTNL used and how to bypass it (if possible) ? 😛leasehelp😀o MTNL guys use the MAC No of the modem which is at the bottom part of the modem like what Airtel does for security?

The information you're trying to extract from us is ILLEGAL and you committ a cybercrime by doing so.And this board doesn't allow discussion of such stuff.You just got lucky and yes MTNL has port binded so do whatever shit you're gonna do, try at your own risk 🙂.

@mnk1001you are damm lucky. got 2mbs on 256kbps connection! thats great :urock:I am curious to know did mtnl ever came to know about u using userID of other peoples?😀😀

In fact they (MTNL guys) did tell me :readtherules: that if you use other people user ID and Password that would work. Actually I got the broadband connection of a friend and bought him the modem but no matter what I tried there was no internet access. So talked to the customer care and they did tell me to test the user ID & password on my phone line and it worked. Later they found a problem in his phone line (don't know what was that, probably some switch configuration) but he got internet access after around 10 days of phone activation 😡 although the MTNL technician came twice and didn't know what to do as every technical information on their inefficient intranet was seeming perfect but in my words inadequate. Luckily I got that the internet connectivity the same day, the same minute my phone line got activated. That is how I came to know about this technical flaw. In fact BSNL and MTNL guys know about this flaw of max speed service instead of the regular speed (bandwidth) that we paid for. I had a word with one of them who agreed this and told that only problem was service and nothing else (you know what happens when you call customer care of BSNL or MTNL). But they are way in upgrading the software and applying tap & cap on the bandwidth because of the unethical work-culture.