How to apply for Voter ID Card online (or offline)?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 10,623
ISP
MTNL
Hello friends,
I just some info about how to get voter id online?
I searched on internet and many says to register on http://eci.nic.in/.
After registering here will i get voter id card or just my name will be included in voters list?

now that aadhar is around being asked by every authority ,they even asked for it when i applied for a duplicate license , now a days voter card seem to be bit pointless unless you gonna have to vote ,i got mine in bangalore and the address is not entered properly and it's in black and white which doesn't produce good photocopies

Last edited:
I applied online and it got approved in 15 days... (that was fast and without me moving out of house!)

For total for 4 members.

Applied online and within a week - someone came home and collected proofs.

And then within a week - new number was allocated (EPIC number)

Although names have still not appeared in National voter list (ECI : Voter Information) but they have appeared in Maharashtra voter list. (Voter Search)

I suppose national list may take some time.

Also please merge this thread - Voter id?

Lost my slip. So have no reference numbers. It's just annoying how hard they have made it. Aadhaar seems pretty easy in comparison.

My name is on the list. Data is correct. The card I have with me right now is outdated with incorrect information (gender is female ?). I just wanted to get a new copy with updated information. I am suffering because the data entry guy made mistakes at the time of creation of my card.

lol. i did apply through the modification route because the process for duplicate seemed to be more complicated. so i just made some changes in my address as suggested by the guy sitting in the voter id office.