How to apply for a Credit Card?

• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 6,091
you can always go for an addon card if your dad has one.

He Already has bad Experiences with ICICI Credit. He vowed not to have Credit Card again.

he needs a credit card because he is learning a guitar apparently.

Does it mean he wants to use it in place of his fingers, to avoid bruising them? 😀 (May be this cud go down as a PJ!)

how come SBI CC people are charging Rs 299 min. for annually for any CC ?

Thats SBI for u.....Govt bank, playing safe. Even if customer manages to avoid interest fees, then too they are assured of receiving this much revenue from every holder.

because they can? a lot of folks do not trust private banks and are happy with sarkari banks.

To bust a myth, SBI Cards is not a SBI only venture, GE Money is a significant stake holder in the entire operation.

hmm...for people like me who just buy once in a while might not be such a good idea to pay a annual fees !

I knew that as i had mailed to them enquiring whether they really had a free card. But still, "Significant" stake holder doesnt imply controlling right? Ultimately the decision wud be more influenced by SBI.

well the brand is SBI. customers deal with SBI largely. so it does not really matter in the end. as for annual fees. the fees are pretty low here in india. the convenience is probably worth it.

Speaking of trouble, I had the worst experience getting a card from HDFC. They were the ones who called me for it even when I was not interested, and they were adamant I give a 'permanent' address when I really had none. They would neither let go of the application nor reject it. They ended up making almost 15 checks on CIBIL for the card, ****ed up my credit rating, and in the end, did not give me the card. This, when I already had 3 Platinum or above cards.

Completely opposite here. I applied for Credit Card and got it within 3 weeks. They verified me once on my permanent address and then on my mobile.

^ That's because you HAVE a permanent address. I don't have one, and they were not willing to let go of my application either.