How to activate ISD calls on Airtel Post paid

• Thread starter Thread starter talsi123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 103,863

talsi123

ISP
MTNL
Hello guyz , I have an airtel postpaid card with the 300 DAP plan.. i wanted to know how can i make international calls ?? When i dial an international number it says that " this service is not available on your phone dial 121 to activate " . After dialing 121 i couldnt find where the ISD call activation menu is..Can someone please help me out ??🙁

talk to the CC, they will help you out!
By default, ISD calls for 10 mins (i think) can be made from airtel postpaid connection (i am on home 149)

dont you have to have any security deposit for this ?bsnl charges 1000 Rs even for std calls 😛

In some airtel plans (read corporate plans), after the successful completion of 1 year, they will activate ISD for free. No security deposits.

hey so does any one know what exactly is to be done for activating ISD ?? calling customer care is my last option...

wich country u wanna call? tried calling it with proper codes etc?there is some code u can sms to i think 170 or 121 so that ISD activates for 10 mins!

Until recently all operators used to have heavy Security deposits require for post paids too.I am with voda since it was original essar cellphone, although i paid 1k as security for Roaming, they never gave ISD, but few months back I got it auto-matically. I've heard if you don't become Late payer/defaulter for one full year many operator would give you that option for free. If you have the number, just dial it straight away, Everytime i call ISD now, never had to dial it second time. If you have ISD, it would connect on first attempt.

I guess u will have to pay security deposits and they will enable ISD on your account.And yes, Vodafone had introduced ISD activation for free long back itself.

hey guyz thanks for your help....i gave the airtel gallery a visit...and they said that you need to pay a refundable deposit of 1500 to activate ISD on postpaid connections....

bump....
how to deactivate ISD on airtel postpaid mumbai?

I had huge round of e-mails and phone calls with airtel regarding this.

they said its not possible.

i said TRAI has made it compulsory to allow deactivating ISD but they said this facility is not available.

then i asked about "call barring", they said even that is not possible!

Overall, its not possible. (unless they changed it recently in last few months)

I did same thing with vodafone and they did deactivate ISD.
I asked a request on twitter DM. they said not possible.
I asked to give me docket number polietly. They gave it on twitter.
Then i wrote to appellate.mum@vodafone.com
Email as below:
Dear Sir,
I am not happy with the call center response to my twitter complain with Docket Number XXXXXXXX.
I request you to deactivate my ISD facility on my number XXXXXX.
I refer to TRAI guidelines of 7th September, 2012 - Information note to the Press (Press Release No. 180/2012)
For Immediate Release.
Link to TRAI:
http://trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/WhatsNew/Documents/Press%20release%20on%20direction%20on%20wangiri%20calls07sep12.pdf
In that guideline it is very clear that the ISD facility has to be discontinued for all prepaid consumers. Only consent of consumer is required if ISD facility is required by the consumer.
Request you to deactivate ISD facility on my numbers.
Regards,
XXXXX

Yep even I had sent link to that article to airtel.

But they said its not possible.

Then I gave up.

I will go to airtel gallery tommorow . Lets see.
If you want ISD they charge deposit of INR 2000
if you dont want you are given free and unable to disable?? i will argue.