• Thread starter Thread starter tatyasky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,596

tatyasky

I got banned!
ISP
TataPlay & Jio
There is another similar topic but it talks about configuring Tata Sky's own Nokia router. However, I am using Asus RT-AX88U to dial PPPoE and Nokia router provided by Tatasky is under bridge mode.

zLpGtox.png

The above image shows the static IP assigned to my router. But I am unable to access Router's homepage by accessing it from outside. Obviously I am accessing from Jio network which is also IPv6 enabled.

this is the syntax

https://[2402:e280:xxxx:xxxx::1]:4000

4000 is the https WAN port of the router.

What am I doing wrong?

IPv6 still has Firewall, did you open port 4000 on your router?

Also could be that IPv6 webui is only listening on loopback interface.

Yes I have enabled port 4000 on the router's admin web access page.

I am unable to remote desktop into my PC from the public IPv6 shown on whatismyip.com with RD port 3389

Basically I am not able to access my home network from outside even after being assigned static IP.

Alright we are making some progress after disabling firewall. I can now remote desktop into my PC using the IPv6. But how to access Router's GUI. I am unable to find what is my router's IPv6 address?

Last edited:
Is "Enable Web Access from WAN" enabled under Administration>System>Remote Access Config.

also you should really not have webui of router accessible from WAN on any port. Use a local VPN.

You should also enable IPv6 Firewall and open port under Firewall>General>ipv6 firewall

Thanks, I have set the IPv6 port rule under Asus firewall settings. RD works fine now.

How to find out the WAN IPv6 of my router? I still want to access Router GUI to remotely wake my PC from it's Wake on LAN section.

Hmm maybe.

You tried accessing 2402:e280:xxxx:xxxx::

after enabling "Enable Web Access from WAN" under Administration>System>Remote Access Config right? Didn't open?

You could proxy IPv6 address to IPv4 webui if you had shell access to router with something like iptables or socat i think. other than that im not sure, maybe someone else here could help.

you'll need something like socat.

the problem is asuswrt doesn't support it

you will need to install merlin firmware first

socat is bundled with it?

The above image shows the static IP assigned to my router. But I am unable to access Router's homepage by accessing it from outside. Obviously I am accessing from Jio network which is also IPv6 enabled.
Known issue with Asus-WRT. The web UI is not bounded to any IPv6 option. Try using OpenWRT, or use regular IPv4 for remote administration.