How Society Maintenance Charges are Calculated?

coolpkm

Well as per society bylaws.... maintenance charges should be based on unit (and not based on Sq ft of unit)... in my society 1BHK, 2BHK, 3BHK & 4 BHK... all pay the same maintenance charge... This is what the rules says....Well having said that... society has the power to amend this rule and pass a resolution to charge based on sq ft..... Sinking fund has to be based on sq ft basis.... and as per society bylaw.. it needs to be minimum of .75% of prevailing construction cost multiplied by sq ft of unit... Punit

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
Well as per society bylaws.... maintenance charges should be based on unit (and not based on Sq ft of unit)... in my society 1BHK, 2BHK, 3BHK & 4 BHK... all pay the same maintenance charge... This is what the rules says....
Well having said that... society has the power to amend this rule and pass a resolution to charge based on sq ft.....

Sinking fund has to be based on sq ft basis.... and as per society bylaw.. it needs to be minimum of .75% of prevailing construction cost multiplied by sq ft of unit...

Punit
I have exactly suggested same in my society.
I had suggested that charge "utility amount" (covering expenses for Water, security, House-keeping for Garden, etc) common to all apartments, and charge "Sinking fund" depending upon sq.ft. area.