How secure is Tikona WIFI?

• Thread starter Thread starter techmania
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 10,003

techmania

ISP
Tata
I see this Wifi in my area. Upon selecting network, it connects without any password/security prompt. Windows warns before connecting saying its an unsecured network. After it connects, if you open any site in Internet Explorer, it redirects to Tikona homepage for login. Now my question is, how secure then is this Wifi network? Assume that after successful login, I continue to use the same with full access to internet, all the data can be easily sniffed!! Generally, for encryption, the security should be enforced BEFORE attaching to a hotspot/access point.Can some one from Tikona/some other expert comment on how this wireless service provided can be trusted for security then?Thanks.

I see this Wifi in my area. Upon selecting network, it connects without any password/security prompt. Windows warns before connecting saying its an unsecured network. After it connects, if you open any site in Internet Explorer, it redirects to Tikona homepage for login. Now my question is, how secure then is this Wifi network? Assume that after successful login, I continue to use the same with full access to internet, all the data can be easily sniffed!! Generally, for encryption, the security should be enforced BEFORE attaching to a hotspot/access point.

Can some one from Tikona/some other expert comment on how this wireless service provided can be trusted for security then?

Thanks.

Hi! I tried doing it. But wheres the login link? i can see signup but no login link. Can u help me.

I see this Wifi in my area. Upon selecting network, it connects without any password/security prompt. Windows warns before connecting saying its an unsecured network. After it connects, if you open any site in Internet Explorer, it redirects to Tikona homepage for login. Now my question is, how secure then is this Wifi network? Assume that after successful login, I continue to use the same with full access to internet, all the data can be easily sniffed!! Generally, for encryption, the security should be enforced BEFORE attaching to a hotspot/access point.

Can some one from Tikona/some other expert comment on how this wireless service provided can be trusted for security then?

Thanks.

Tikona Wibro uses WPA 2 and 802.1X security which is the highest level of security available on wireless network.

Tikona Wibro connectivity is achieved only after connecting modem provided by TIkona with a valid account number and password.

The page which you are getting on connection is a default page which states that your area is covered by Tikona Wi-Bro service and you can sign up to avail the service.

Data cannot be sniffed due to high level of security.

Tikona Wibro uses WPA 2 and 802.1X security which is the highest level of security available on wireless network.
nahh... those encryption u mentioned their is used to gain access to the network, here you can easily access the network but not the broadband/internet.
their network is UNSECURED and wide open.

Tikona Wibro connectivity is achieved only after connecting modem provided by TIkona with a valid account number and password.

FYI they distributed free 1hr free internet (providing temprory username & password) in our locality months back, to test their speed. "no modem or hardware provided by tikona" required . Just search for available wireless network & connect to tikona network. after that use the username/pw provided by tikona and you are done.