How Reliance jio 4g WIFI will work? Curious :|

• Thread starter Thread starter raman07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 15,201
Hope i hisar also get fiber. Wireless 4G gonna have high latency. I need low latency so i can control vps or play games.

i am currently on airtel broadband even after fup limit i get a ping of mote more then 30 ms
Well if you ping is higher than 30ms then you might be using dsl broadband service. I need low ping and high upload speed. I use upload videos on YouTube and use vps which require low latency to control it smoothly. If jio will give good speed and high data then i would not need to use vps anymore 🙂

How you are using jio 4G? Did they give you sim card for testing purpose? Or it is free wifi jio service avilable for free on streets?
its free on streets
steps to access-
1 go behind a tower where a bounch of people are stending
2 scan wifi nework you will get an open wifi named jionet
3 connect to it then open any webpage except google
4 you will be redirected to a jio wifi login page
5 then enter your phone no and aggerr terns and condition
6 you will get a message from jio with a code enter thet code
7 then you will be redirected to a page with signout option
8 i this page appers means you are reaudy to enjoy high speed wifi
9 it has no fup limit enjoy your free wifi download large games
it can download i gb in 8-9 min

Well if you ping is higher than 30ms then you might be using dsl broadband service. I need low ping and high upload speed. I use upload videos on YouTube and use vps which require low latency to control it smoothly. If jio will give good speed and high data then i would not need to use vps anymore 🙂
i mean thed ping is always less then 30 ms

Hope that Reliance Jio launches soon in Guwahati too and Jio FTTH is available in my locality. I saw the diagrams in the first page of the thread and it is interesting. The reliance Jio lines were laid in my road but not inside my bye-lane. My house is about 40-50 meters away from the Reliance Jio lines. Will that create problems in providing FTTH or create any stability issues in your experience? There is no other wired provider such as beam/ACT, reliance etc. here in Guwahati which provides CPE and so, I am not sure how it works. How much distance from the fiber optic main line (underground one) is decent enough to give a stable connection in case of a FTTH connection?