How much time does mtnl take to install

• Thread starter Thread starter dragon5677
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 16,938
Frankly speaking ,it depens on their mood.U may get call from them within 1 day or may be within a week.The reason for that is application moves from one dept to another and from one table to another 😀Btw if u are applying for new connection then u should give them all the reqd documents. this will make the process faster.

Did u apply for wireless router from MTNL? Wireless routers are always short of supply for MTNL.

what depends on mood, dude im waiting for them for the past 9 days :madness:

lol..thats MTNL for you. I think you should go to nearest exchange and know the status of your application. Tell them you are waiting from 9 days.and ask them the reason. waiting for them will not help you.
I remember my experience when I had to waste my lot of energy and time just to get a small switch(INR not more than 10 rs) reqd for landline.

If you live near the exchange or you have someone who can go there every alternate day, you will get your work done within 4-5 days (as the case with me).Got the landline installed the very next day of submitting the application and internet after 3-4 days !!But it also depends on kind of people at your exchange.I don't think they will give a very good response at telephone customer care.

Kind of an old thread but may be someone will reply?I put in a request today to get mtnl broadband and they told me it would take one week to install it. Now I have used MTNL before and the last time, it took them about 2 weeks to get their act together, and that too when I pestered them and took the no. of their nodal officer, and then took the no. of the foreman who actually installs it and called him.Now that was about 2 and a half years back, have they improved their services a bit? I mean, I don't know whether to give them the 1 week they have asked for or to start pestering them from the word go?I am from East delhi btw, if that makes a difference.

The general rule is a week (some times even less) but it all hinges on whether they have the h/w to install at your place. If you opt for your own h/w it should be faster. That's how its in Mumbai I don't think it would be far different in Delhi. If you want accurate info you should pay a visit to the SDE for your particular area & he should give you the current status.

Well I can't visit them so soon, I mean I put in the request just 2 days ago and they said it will take a week. I am hoping it takes less then that though, having been abandoned by airtel after they got in trouble with BSES and had their cables cut down, it has not been working since 9th of feb, and even though they told me I will get a waiver for the amount of time it doesn't work for, I just can't go any longer without proper internet. Ughh!! I wouldn't have waited until even now had they listed their 599 unlimited plan on their website for delhi, I thought that they didn't have the plan for delhi and never called them, even on the 5th I called them out of pure frustration and was gonna just take a shitty plan until airtel got it's act together.But to my surprise they had this plan, just can't wait anymore and worried about what will happen if I give them the week they have asked for and it takes longer than that. Could I visit them today and request them to install it faster because of some work related issues I have?

I will be honest with you, you can't predict anything about MTNL Delhi, when I applied for a new connection, they were at my house at the second day of my request to lay wiring.But, they were unable to give me a word when exactly I will have my connection working, so, I purchased my own router to speed up things,still it took about 15 days for the connection to work, things might have changed, but, lately a friend had some same sort of experience with MTNL,so, just hope for the best, and call them frequently to check your status.

Yeah well I have decided to give them a call everyday! Sucks what happened to you man, I mean when I had got it the last time, it took 2 weeks but at least it started working immediately. Just counting days now.

Vitamin M also plays important role in getting connection quickly or late.

^ I never had to pay to get my work speeded up. Have you ever paid money yourself? Or know someone who you know for sure has paid?

Who did you pay? I mean, can't do over a phone and there's no need when the foreman comes to install it because he is already there?Too bad I am against bribing, except in the case of my passport....and that is because there is no other way of getting it.

within 2days gt the call in the morning from the guy for installation. wasnt expecting this fast though considering it was during the time when Fuktel decided to implement craptel FUPS 😀