• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,556
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpheus

ISP
BSNL Broadband
I am thinking of buying EVDO for its attractive plan of 750 per month for unlimited usage. I went to the BSNL Exchange of my area and asked them for a demo. Today a guy came and tried EVDO on my PC. I was getting 4 bars and sometimes 5 bars signal and around 40-70kBps with IDM. Latency was poor as always with BSNL but it doesn't matters much as I will be using it mostly for downloading. He said that speed increases during night and I can expect atleast 1Mbps during night time. Is it true? I guess the EVDO tower is 2-3 kilometers away from my house.Most probably I'll buy it tomorrow.Thanks.

Please post your experience post buying the same. Also details about, which modem you got and how much did you pay for the same.

Given the fact that youre getting almost full signal, speed should've been around 2mbps. Perhaps, there are many people on evdo in your area.

^EVDO users are constantly increasing due to high demand.. I wonder how long BSNL EVDO would last like this..

BSNL EVDO speed has greatly decreased in my area in recent months. Always packet loss and huge latency. They say tower fully overloaded and attenuation bursting.

^So true, latency is very poor on EVDO.

Please post your experience post buying the same. Also details about, which modem you got and how much did you pay for the same.

I couldn't go to the BSNL office to buy due to so much heat. But last time I went, they said that it would cost me 1200 for the device and 20 for SIM.

hey..m residing in mangalore..karnataka...ma house is kinda at the bottom of the lane..I decided to go for bsnl evdo as the tower is just 700mtrs from my house..!!(evdo enabled tower)..!so I called them up and they sent a guy over for a demo...at 3 pm in d afternoon the speed was just 0.4mbps..the signal was 4 bars!!?(via speed test.net)..I askd him about it and he told me that the speed would go above 1mbps in the morning and late night...!is this all some bogus..or will the speed really increase.. I need an unlimited wireless plan and this iz the only one without fup..!!I watch a lot of YouTube...and the modem iz a prithvi type...!?

yes they supply the pritvi UE100 datacard. you can change the position of the datacard through USB extension cables to see if speed increases or not or wrap it with an alumunium foil as it is a good conductor of attracting signals or place some blank cd's beside the datacard. These are just some tricks dont gurantee that they will work always.

:bulgy-eyes:

sorry...bsnl evdo

- - - Updated - - -

yes they supply the pritvi UE100 datacard. you can change the position of the datacard through USB extension cables to see if speed increases or not

but does the speed really increase in the morning...or night...??not much of an afternoon user anyway...

anyone from bangalore using evdo? i m intrested in buying evdo.... just want to check how is the speed n service in bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.