• Thread starter Thread starter netuser123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1,571

netuser123

I got banned!
ISP
Reliance JioFi (4G)
I am using JioFi. Please see my speedtest result & tell me do you think this speed is acceptable.
How much speed do you get under Reliance Jio 4G ?
Some 3-4 months back I was easily getting 7~8 Mbps.
Things have deteriorated.

speed-test.png

Upload speed must be at least 2mbps for a decent browsing experience. And download speed requirement depends on the usage (normal browsing vs watching videos in different resolutions). Normally, I'd be happy with a 4mbps download speed.

In the morning there is relatively less congestion in the network. As tne day progresses, congestion increases and hence speeds decreases.

It's a shame if a 4G operator cannot provide minimum of 10Mbps download and 3Mbps upload speeds at any time.

What you are getting is basically speed of 3G (HSPA) during peak hours.

so change the operator nah bro who is forcing you jio is just for sim if you do not want to recharge it they wont deactivate it

@pranav sharma
Yes, you are right. 4G internet is a temporary solution for me. We will move to a new house soon & I am planning to take Cable Broadband which most probably will be Alliance. If I move to a new 4G provider like Airtel now the JioFi router will become useless & I will have to invest in Airtel's 4G router which will be complete waste of money.

8 years ago i got the same speed using vodafone 3g dongle and these days using mobile internet for computers or laptop is unreliable so switch to broadband connection