How much ping and reliability are you getting from Alliance ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Enix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 20,271
ISP
BSNL
I am planning to opt for Alliance Broadband 160 Mbps Fiber connection. Is the broadband reliable for gaming and what kind of pings do you get to European, Asian and Indian servers ? What are the downtimes and are there much issues with packet loss ?

Last edited:
Getting this on 160 Mbps plan :-

Screenshot_104.webp

Upvote 0
My lco recently got alliance broadband and activated it for me as he wanted that i test the connection quality for them. So currently im on 50Mbps plan but uploads are 25Mbps.

Upvote 0
Yes currently the operations are handled from Kolkata itself, but in coming 1 month NOC at Chandigarh will be operational as per lco, and after that alliance will expand more in the northern part of india.

Regarding testing the speeds are pretty bad for international servers and even south indian. Averaging around 10-15 Mbps max

Upvote 0
I am getting high speed download speed only to few servers in my city. Except those servers the speed is very low (only the download speed, the upload speed is normal). The ping for international servers is same as BSNL FTTH. Downloads from Steam and Rockstar Games launcher peak upto 153 Mbps. Netflix speed test shows 158 Mbps. Here are the speed test results to some servers :
Source

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Enix that is because shrishti sanchar is a peer of alliance, hence the high speed. The reason why you're getting low speeds to international servers is because they've maxed out their transit.

This is the case with most of the Kolkata based ISPs right now. They're relying on IX peering, hoping that the only sites customers browse is that of Google, Facebook, microsoft, etc.

Upvote 0