How much minimum Optical Module Input Power(dBm) is good for stable connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dravin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 22,326
@Dravin The Nokia ONT is very stable and I find teh features better than Dasan that Airtel tried to give me when I upgraded to 1 Gbps. I declined the offer. I have 2 of these routers...one on Airtel and other on TPBB

So the disruptions are back for me even though the optical power is -19 dBm, last night my internet stopped working for few minutes and when checked on 192.168.1.1, it showed the "IPv4 Online Duration" and "IPv6 Online Duration" as 1 minute but I never restarted or turned off the router and the lights on the router were also on, Internet light was completely stable(not blinking).

Now again faced disruption at 12:30 PM, again checked the router settings and the "IPv4 Online Duration" this time showed as 12 hrs, waited for few minutes but still the internet didn't started working and the Internet light on the router was constant green(when it's in working state it keeps blinking).

Called the technical guy and he told to restart the router and the internet again started working.

What can be the exact issue, I have observed that I started facing this since I took up static ip, now I have dropped it many months back but the issue still persists.

Already for me twice ONT has been replaced Nokia->Richerlink->ZTE but no solution to this issue.

Best fix for all issues is to surrender the connection & get a fresh new one. OLT configuration issue might be causing it. As you're from Shimla you're from LCO city means for static IP they have made some configuration changes before which they can't revert back now (or they don't have any idea about it)...

@Firephoenix I had a similar issue and that was because of the power adapter. Check the voltage specification.
Also, it happens when I have a low voltage or voltage fluctuation.
ONT stays live but the internet doesn't work. A restart resolves this.