How much is torrent dl speed on UL 1350?

• Thread starter Thread starter thehrushi7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,284

thehrushi7

ISP
BSNL
Hello,I recently purchased BSNL UL 1350. It arrived yesterday.I'm getting very nice browsing speed and even online streaming is very good. Downloading via servers like link-removed.com is ok with over 80 kbps.But I'm getting really slow speed on torrents. I'm getting 40-50 kbps speed.I tried all optimizations given on various websites about incr speed of torrents but no luck.The same torrent downloads at 200 kbps on tata indicom 256 kbps connection.Now why so less on 512 kbps??Is this the usual speed or I'm getting it slow??Please help me. Thanks.

You can get the same speeds for torrents. Provided the ports are open. Try portforward.com, select your modem, follow the procedure.Always try to mention the modem -model and make.

I never got exactly how to open the ports. My modem is UTStarcom WA3002G4. Its not listed in the list provided by portforward.com

Also, what portforward.com exactly do? Is it a free service? Is it safe enough for my PC??

----------

Sorry I found the router there.
Thanks a lot....
Will knock back if even port forwarding didn't give good speed.

What is the usual torrent speed I should get on this plan, anyone?

well, I am a user of UL1350 Plus.I normally get 75-80KBps download speed on torrents.Hope that helps

Thanks, abhik....I'll try about the port forwarding, but not sure it will help...... Maybe I'd need to be content in the speed I have.Are there any other suggestions please?

I am on the UL1350 (not plus) plan, normally experiencing speeds of 50-55Kbps on torrents. I would suggest the use of open DNS to get the maximum as BSNL DNS is sloppy.😉

I am also on the UL1350+ plan, getting speeds of 50-55Kbps on torrents. Tried Open Dns too not much change in the speed and yes i do have ports forwarded for utorrent.