How much bandwidth BSNL has ?

• Thread starter Thread starter puja399
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 10,328
smart guys would definitely like to play with the market stretegies. with no competition around to give them a hard time... i see no reasons why they would like to play nice and give really yummy packages. but i may be wrong.

Sushbh, u use Airtel and are happy with it. U are praise of BSNL in general. Then why dont u use BSNL.I was just wondering. Or do u use all of them keeping the others as back up in case something goes wrong with one ISP.

1. airtel has been down for a total of like 3 hours in 6 months i have used it.2. bsnl means going to a sarkari office, standing in lines, filling a forum, waiting for the linesman to come and do his stuff, getting poor service, getting 1 GB a month, than go to the same sarkari office to pay the bills.not my way of living my life. i am thinking of getting a second spectranet line. they are pretty good as well.

dunno but here is the mail i received from bsnl.. making it official that the new structure has been implemented... 🙁 Pupudada!

Dear Customer,

You have been using broadband Internet service (dataone) for sometime. You are enjoying broadband 'dataone' service with unlimited up/download up to June 30, 2005. With effect from July 1st, 2005 usage based billing will start. The download limit and charge for extra usage of each plan is given below.
DATAONE - HOME PLANS

Home 500 Home 1000 Home 1800 Home 3300
Bandwidth 256 Kbps 384 Kbps 512 Kbps 1 Mbps
Download/ Upload Limit (GB) 1 GB 2 GB 5 GB 10 GB
Additional Usage Charges/MB
beyond free download/upload limit (Rs) 2.0 1.50 1.50 1.50

DATAONE - - BUSINESS PLANS

Business 1200 Business 3000 Business 5000 Business 9000
Bandwidth 256 Kbps 512 kbps 1 Mbps 2 Mbps
Download/ Upload Limit (GB) 4 GB 10 GB 20 GB 40 GB
Additional Usage Charges/MB
beyond free download/upload limit (Rs) 2.0 1.50 1.50 1.50

Kindly note that, using your userid and password, broadband can be accessed from other broadband connection also. To prevent any misuse of your password, change your password as soon as possible by following procedure. Keep changing your password at regular interval.

Procedure for changing broadband password

Go to http://10.240.43.216 or http://10.240.128.195. Type your current userid and password. Go to 'Change password'. Type old password, new password, confirm password. Password has been changed successfully.

Procedure for checking your usage record of each month

Goto http://10.240.43.216 or http://10.240.128.195. Type your current userid and password. Go to 'Service record' and check your usage.

Thanking you,

Sincerely yours

R. N. Yadav
Divisional Engineer/Broadband
Calcutta Telephones,
34 B. B. D. Bagh, Kolkata- 700001

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jul 3 2005, 11:48 PM
1. airtel has been down for a total of like 3 hours in 6 months i have used it.
2. bsnl means going to a sarkari office, standing in lines, filling a forum, waiting for the linesman to come and do his stuff, getting poor service, getting 1 GB a month, than go to the same sarkari office to pay the bills.

not my way of living my life. i am thinking of getting a second spectranet line. they are pretty good as well.
[snapback]14705[/snapback]
[/quote]

My BSNL has not been down for total of 1 hour in last 5 1/2 months. Except for that one day when it went down in the afternoon and came alive later but I was unaffected as I was busy with a family engagement for that short period.
I do not rate BSNL inferior or bad in any manner.

i know a couple of guys in gurgaon (where i live) and they have seen downtimes of more than a week in 2 months. and absolutely no customer support available on telephone. i think that is more importnat to me considering it is where i live!

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jul 4 2005, 12:01 AM
that is a fairly comprehensive mail. pretty impressive.
[snapback]14724[/snapback]
[/quote]

i'm quoting this post since the way mail is flowing today, by the time i make a normal reply, your post will have floated up a few numbers in the `Q'.. so are we doomed with `GB or is there any hopes as per some of the other posts? 🤔 Pupudada!

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jul 4 2005, 12:07 AM
i know a couple of guys in gurgaon (where i live) and they have seen downtimes of more than a week in 2 months. and absolutely no customer support available on telephone. i think that is more importnat to me considering it is where i live!
[snapback]14731[/snapback]
[/quote]

So that is a localised problem and not a universal issue with BSNL.

PupudadaThat mail was sent by BSNL on 2nd July 2005.That only mentiosn the current tariff valid as on date. They cannot mention about the final tariff as they do not have info about it.

did i ever say that BSNL sucks? i might have. but i have always said that i am a highly opiniated person...

Originally posted by BSNL_CMD@Jul 4 2005, 12:16 AM
Pupudada
That mail was sent by BSNL on 2nd July 2005.

That only mentiosn the current tariff valid as on date. They cannot mention about the final tariff as they do not have info about it.
[snapback]14745[/snapback]
[/quote]

and you get a super duper cadbury gift box from me the day we get some sort of `unlimited usage' (even at night) 😉 Pupudada!

Dear BSNL_CMD,If you can offer me 1 mbps or more, unlimited connection or at least 50 GB per month, for Rs 2000/- or less... then I will give you my FIRST BORN 😎Yours Sincerely,Vishal Rao

I dont want your first born but something more material in nature would be appreciated. I think what you ask for will be there in say 2 years time frame.