How much are you paying for your TV Cable?

• Thread starter Thread starter mreccentric
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,419

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
I was checking for the prices of Cable services across India, preferably in metro cities. Since, the change in Government at the center, the Cable Television has moved on from Analog to Digital. Likewise, there have been changes in the tariff plans. Like before, now, we are to select channels as per our wish (No Neutrality).

The expenditure per month has increased to every household, and i am paying 350 rupees per month presently for basic channels and few selected extra channels. Can anybody let me know how much you are paying for your Cable Television. Please mention your DTH pack if you are not using Cable Television.

Tata Sky ₹240(153 for NCF+ 60 for basic Marathi pack). My Dad mostly watches TV.

Earlier I used to pay under 1k per month for Tata DTH for 2 TV STB connections with full fat channels (all channels subscribed except few special active branded ones) but after that trai order or whatever caused disruption in charges like ncf fees I now pay about the same but only first TV has most of the channels and second TV has only a few selected ones of my choice, mostly English news, entertainment and movies.

Breakup of current charge is around 650 for 1st TV and 350 for the 2nd.

Around 350 for Airtel DTH. I have mostly HD Movie channels (3-4 Hindi and 3-4 English), 2 Marathi GEC HD channels, Sab TV HD and 2-3 English News Channels. Occassionally I use to subscribe Sports HD channel which is broadcasting India's cricket match, but for recent SA Series I watched on Hotstar, so even Sports Channel (at least from Star) is not needed now.

Just 1 TV now - with no cable/DTH. Only streaming. Offsetting the internet costs.

I was paying for Netflix 200 p.m., Amazon Prime (999 last year), Disney+Hotstar All-sports (299) . Sony Liv, Zee5 through other offers and plans (Times Prime coupon received) . Discovery+ & Voot briefly subscribed.

I expect annual cost to be 6-7k on an average based on changing rates/plans etc.

2 Tata Sky box 167+ 62. Most fta channels+ news + regional punjabi n kids.
For cricket matches I add it same day and remove after match is over so only 1 day rent is charge.
1 other smart TV and 1 tv with fire stick.
Using prime + Netflix + yt premium all shared with siblings.

What you guys watch on TV?

We have 3 TVs... 2 with Android box, 1 cable around 300 something per month...

We mostly watch NDTV... which is there on app as well as YouTube....
Other than that some OTT content.... Nobody is fond of any sports channels...

Is there anything worthwhile still going on regular TV...

In my case, nope. Don't watch TV that much. Mostly news(NDTV, sometimes CNN international, BBC, Al-Jazeera, DW tv) during lunch, dinner. At times, I don't even watch news as topics can be quite depressing.

Have Prime but don't know what to watch. Thinking of getting Discovery+.

Sometimes too much can be overwhelming.

So more or less all important news channels are available on YouTube....

More than content it is difficult to get the time to watch a series....